Happy New Year, everyone!! I hope this year is a blessed one for you and your families. I'm so thankful for 2010 and so many of the things I enjoyed in it. I can't wait to see what 2011 holds! :)
I'm not really big on New Year's Resolutions because I never keep them and then I just have something else to feel guilty about. However, I've decided to post a list of some things I'd like to try to work on this year.
1. Being better at regular Bible reading and prayer...it's amazing how much better my days go when I have the right focus! :)
2. Exercise and eating right!!!! (I'd like to lose about 10-20 lbs)
3. House cleaning/meal planning/organization in general. Yeah, let's just say that organizational skills aren't really my strong point. I'd like to work on that.
4. Spending more quality time with my girls. Sure, I'm with them all day, but it's amazing how often I let them entertain themselves while I clean or do bills or check my "to do" list or write or blog...well, you get the idea. :)
5. Work on my writing. I'd like to finish the rough draft of my story I'm working on, at the very least.
So, who knows how many of those things will actually happen, but maybe making up a list for myself will be a good reminder. :)
I wanted to let all of my readers know that I recently switched to "comment moderation" on my blog comments (just for this blog). This has nothing to do with anyone in particular. Thankfully, I've been blessed with kind readers who don't leave spammy comments. The reason I switched over is because I'm planning a giveaway, and using comment moderation was the best way I could think of to keep things anonymous. "What giveaway?", you may ask. Keep reading to find out. :)
Okay, my husband and I have discussed it, and as much as I'd enjoy trying out Innerstar U, I don't think it would be a wise choice for me. As a mom of 3, I have to be careful how much time I spend on the computer. I'm afraid if I had an Innerstar U account it would be too time-consuming.
Since Nora was so kind with her fall giveaway, I've decided to pay it forward. So I am officially announcing my Innerstar U giveaway! :) Included in this giveaway will be the Innerstar U code and charm keeper necklace that Nora sent me, as well as the three extra charms. I'm so excited I get to do this for someone! :)
Here are the rules:
1. There are no age limits, but if you are under 18 you MUST ask your parent's permission before entering, as I will have to get your mailing address.
2. The giveaway will start today and end Friday, January 7th, Pacific Standard Time. The winner will be announced on Saturday, January 8th (also PST).
3. The winner will be chosen the old-fashioned way...I'll put the names of all of the entries in a hat and pick one.
4. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post, including your name and email address. All comments on this post WILL NOT be published. After the contest is over and I've selected the winner, I'll delete them.
5. Only one entry per person, please (in other words, commenting 4 or 5 times won't increase your chances of winning...it will just get confusing). If there is someone in your family who wants to enter and doesn't have a blogger account, you can comment for them, but put their name on the entry so I know who is entering.
6. The winner will be announced on a follow-up blog post on Saturday, January 8th. I will contact the winner via email that same day. Just like Nora's contest, the winner has 1 week to respond. If I don't hear back from the winner in one week's time, a new one will be picked.
I wish you all the best! I can't wait to see who wins. :)