Friday, April 20, 2012

Hayden's Snow Day

Hey everyone!  Sorry I haven't really been on all week.  I wasn't expecting things to be so busy, but today was the first day I actually had time at home!!  

Oldest gal's birthday party was a big success, but I haven't had a chance to finish that post, so I thought I'd tide you over with the promised snow day post. :D

I always bring at least one doll with me to my sister-in-law's because they have such beautiful scenery at their place.  I have to admit, though, when we first arrived, I didn't expect to take any pictures.  It's been pretty dry up there, so everything was dead and brown.  

But the next morning...

...we woke up to a beautiful thin layer of snow.  Hayden was very excited! ;)

It's amazing what a bit of snow will do to a dry landscape! ;)

So I pretty much just took Hayden outside and had an awesome time taking pictures right and left. :)  Here are some of my favorites:










Our car was completely covered with snow (well, at least by my hometown's standards). ;)



I know this one's really similar to one of the earlier pictures, but I loved this one too. :} 

The really fun thing about this photo shoot was that it was still actually snowing during the photo shoot.  I think it added an extra sense of realism, since Hayden was covered with snowflakes. :)  I've been wanting to do snow pictures for a really long time.  I was so thankful that it worked out! :D  

I figured that would be the last of the photos, because within 2 or 3 hours, the snow had completely melted. But low and behold, the next morning we woke up to...

...more snow!! :D

So out I went again! :)  This photo shoot was really fun because the sun kept coming in and out from the clouds, so the lighting was constantly changing.  There was also a thicker snow cover, so it gave the place a whole new look. :)







Hayden decided to pose on the bottom part of the snowman the girls were building with their cousins. :)










I was just about to go inside when I remembered the beautiful stonework at the side of the house.  I'd gotten some great pics of Emma and Charlie there during the summer, and I thought it would be fun to get some snowy pictures there, too! :)




Hope you enjoyed the photos! :)  I worked on some headers using these pics (on my last day with Picnik *sob!*), but I just couldn't quite bring myself to post a snowy header when it's now 92 degrees outside. ;)  I may save the headers for next fall or winter...I'm not sure yet.  Meanwhile, I need to decide which photo editing service I'm going to use now so that I can make some summery headers! ;)

Talk to you guys again soon.  I have so many posts in the works right now it's not even funny...I've just got to buckle down and get them published!! ;) 

2 comments:

Em said...

But Picnik still worked the day after??!!(Where did you get the hat that she is wearing?!?!?!?!)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Emmy! Sorry I forgot to respond to your comment until now. :{

Picnik didn't work the day after...at least for me. I tried out a couple other photo editing programs instead.

I bought Hayden's hat secondhand on AG Playthings. It's Mia's pink beret from her two-in-one skate set. :)