This weekend we had a nice, lazy time with our family. Hubby's been working horrendous hours (Coca-Cola always picks up around the Fourth of July), so he was super worn out. We spent the afternoon at home and then went to Denny's for dinner (kids eat free on Saturdays, so the five of us can have eat for around $20). :) The weather was nice yesterday, too. It was in the 90s instead of over 100 like it's been all week. :} We had a rather late night, so we're going to relax this morning and just do church, not Sunday School (which is why I'm doing a quick blog post instead of getting everyone ready). ;)
I thought I'd share a couple random art projects that came up during the week. I've also added them to the "Beast'sbelle's Artwork" page beneath my header so they're easier to find in the future.
First off, I've been looking for a plastic drawer unit at Goodwill for some time. We still haven't moved that big computer desk yet, :} but when we do, we'll need a place for our office supplies.
I finally found a drawer unit for a good price on Friday. Unfortunately, someone had written "James" in permanent marker twice on the top. (Silly me, I didn't get a "before" picture to share...sorry about that!) I was able to get some of it off with Lysol wipes and a Magic Eraser, but the names were still pretty visible.
My solution? I used my own permanent markers to dress up the drawer unit and cover up the names. Here's the result:
Not too shabby, if I say so myself. ;) I haven't done something random like this in a while. I'm almost tempted to cover the whole thing in permanent marker drawings. ;)
My other art for the week was a sketch I did one night while waiting up for Hubby. I'd been wanting to try drawing some of the Ever After High characters since they have such fun designs. I found an online picture of Raven Queen and tried my best:
Sorry this first one is so shadowy...I was trying to figure out the best way to get a picture. I wanted to include this one, though, because it shows a little more of the detail on the skirt.
So I'm not 100% thrilled with how this turned out. It looks okay if you don't compare it to the original. ;) Her collar is too high and her face isn't quite right. Her dress had a TON of details that were difficult to capture correctly. Her hair was really tricky, too. At first I tried to duplicate her hair color pattern exactly, but I finally gave up and just went for the main idea. I also found it difficult to draw her because I'm used to having a flat picture I can set next to me and copy, and this time I was looking back and forth from the computer screen to my paper.
Her eyes are also a bit uneven, which drives me crazy every time I look at her. Still, it's been a while since I've just sat down and sketched, so it was fun to be doing that again. My daughters keep telling me it's "perfect", so I finally had to stop complaining in front of them. ;)
I suppose that's all. A rather random post, I know. ;) This week I'll be back with more doll-related goodies. I've also informed Tess and Maggie that in spite of their many obstacles, they really do need to get their answer post up this week. Maggie took that well, as you might imagine. ;) I've heard that Belle will also be sharing a few updates, so this should be a fun week on the blogs! :)
Talk to all of you later!