Thursday, February 25, 2016

Toy Fair Pinterest Board

Hello everyone! My trip post will be up later today, and I will also respond to all my waiting blog comments sometime today, too. :)

I just though I'd do a quick post about my Toy Fair 2016 Pinterest board so it didn't get lost in another long post. As I've done the previous two years, I started a board with all of the information I've found so far about Toy Fair 2016. I've got some great videos on there from YouTube users like My Froggy Stuff, Bin's Toy Bin, and Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter. I also have links to pictures and articles. I'll add more pins as I find more information. (I know that Kewpie83 of Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter is still in the process of uploading her videos.)  You can see my entire board HERE.

I found this year's Toy Fair interesting in that most of the "new" products they reviewed were toys I'd already seen, most of them on our birthday trip. There didn't seem to be a lot of big reveals, at least in the categories that interested me. Probably the most fun reveals for me were the upcoming My Little Pony releases.

I also think it's interesting that Mattel chose to debut their new Barbie bodies BEFORE the Toy Fair. One of the great things about the Toy Fair Barbie reveal last year was that we hadn't seen all of the new face molds and skin tones before. This year, it was more of a "yeah, seen it" reaction for me. I'm kind of glad I didn't try to scrape together enough money to go, only to realize that I could have seen most of the items in Northern California Toys R Us stores instead. :{

Barb the Evil Genius wrote about this on her blog and mentioned the economy as one of the causes. I think that definitely played a part. It's a tough time to be in the doll or toy business. It will be interesting to see where things go from here.

Anyway, I hope you're able to enjoy the Toy Fair videos and such. :) Are there any new releases you're most looking forward to?

4 comments:

Farrah said...

Hi Hannah,
I feel like I've gotten much more into Barbie this winter, so I'm looking forward to all the beautiful Barbies that seem to be everywhere now.
Of course, I love MH and EAH, but not sure I am going to collect them "going forward" and I think this is a good place for me to stop, lol. There are so many older ones that I would like to collect! If they have NEW characters than I will probably be tempted, lol.
As for AG, I have Addy and Lea on my wishlist, but I'm at the point where I would feel better about selling one of the ones I have in place of a new one. I still feel too guilty about spending over $100 on a doll! I think Melody is adorable and can't wait to see more of her. :)
I also have a renewed interested in building up my 80s toy collection. I just received a Kenner Shimmers today (the butterfly) from eBay and it brought back so much nostalgia! You just can't beat the toys from the 80s. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Farrah Lily,

I've gotten more into Barbies recently, too. Part of it is, like you said, all of the beautiful, amazing Barbies that are coming out are so fun and tempting. :)

I was never into Monster High, and while I have several Ever After High dolls I enjoy, I wish the dolls looked more like the animation on the webisodes. We also almost never have the new ones in stock in my local stores. I never saw any of the second wave of Legacy Day dolls, and I only saw the original Lizzie Hearts once.

And I've definitely gotten to a stopping point on my AG collecting, too. I have twelve AG dolls (thirteen counting Maggie, my Alexander Girlz doll), which is almost overwhelming. I can't imagine adding another 18 inch doll unless I sold one of the ones I already have. I do still enjoy finding clothing or accessories for them, but my space is just too limited for any more big dolls. And yes, the over $100 price tag is an issue for me, too. ;) Melody is a cutie, though. Like you, I can't wait to see more of her.

Oh, I love Kenner Shimmers! :D I have the mommy and baby centaurettes. I'm hoping to eventually find the mermaid mommy and baby with blue hair, as they were the Shimmers I had as a child.

And I totally agree...80s toys are the best! :D

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Thank you for the shoutout, Hannah! The pictures I've seen of the EAH Epic Winter dolls have smiley faces that look more like the animated versions. But since they weren't at Toy Fair, I'm not certain they will be produced. Amazon is a good place to find older EAH dolls, especially if you have Prime.

I have a Petite Barbie ordered from Mattel; I can't wait until she actually shows up.

As I've mentioned on my blog, I'm concentrating more this year on new clothes, accessories and furniture. I'm also setting money aside for the Tonner Convention in June!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

You're welcome, Barb! :) I thought you brought up some interesting points.

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens with EAH. There were actually a couple of the Dragon Games dolls on display at the Toy Fair, which seemed a little silly to me since they've been in stores for a while now. Maybe Mattel is too busy working on their next big thing: DC Superhero Girls. ;)

I'm waiting on a Petite Barbie, too. I ordered "Crazy for Coral." The other day, though, I did find a few different new Barbies at Walmart. It's exciting that they're finally starting to show up in stores. (I have a review post in progress.)

I think focusing more on clothing, accessories, and furniture is a great idea. And how exciting that you get to go to the Tonner Convention! :D I hope you have a wonderful time! :)