Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's my Birthday!!!

Hi everyone.  Just thought I'd type up a post, as I have nothing better to do right now and would rather still be in bed.  It's my birthday, and I'm spending it like any mom would, sitting up with my daughter who can't stop coughing.  My husband and I had a big day planned...he got the whole day off and everything.  If my daughter can't go to school, though, those plans may fall through.  Oh well, at least we'll be together.  I'm sure it will all work out. 

This is my last year in my 20s.  Next year, I'll officially turn 30.  Kinda weird.  Mentally, I still feel like I'm about 22 or so.  I think of my mom still in her 40s and my aunt still in her 30s.  It always surprises me when I realize my mom's in her 50s, my aunt is turning 40 this year, and I'm having to go to the 3rd age bracket in any surveys or questionnaires I fill out.  I've heard people say that your mind stays young as you age...I'm starting to understand that more now.  My dad, who's in his 60s now, has talked to me before about how it still surprises him how old he is.

When I was in high school, 30 sounded so old.  I was sure it would be the end of everything (I was slightly over dramatic back then...I'm slowly getting better). :)  Now it's not such a big deal, just a little surreal.  No matter what, I know my Heavenly Father is there to guide me every step of the way, and that's a comforting thought.

So, not sure how I'll be spending my day today.  I may be feeding my daughter chicken soup and keeping her supplied with tissue and Vics all day.  Oh well, maybe we can watch a fun movie all together or something (like "Baby Einstein:  Baby's Favorite Places"...whoop-dee-doo).  Seriously, though, I'm not as crushed as I thought I'd be.  It's just the way life goes when you're a mom.  :} 


I'm just so glad I finally unearthed the disaster area that was my living room.  Now I've just got to resurrect the playroom.  :}  Maybe that's what I'll do today!  

Hope you guys have a great day! :)

No comments: