1. You wear Disney Princess band aids, because there are no band aids in your house that do NOT feature cartoon characters.
2. You get to listen to music by Handel and your five year old's rendition of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider"...at the same time.
3. During playtime, you are always assigned the part of the portly, old woman character (i.e. Lady Cluck from "Robin Hood", Mama Odie from "The Princess and the Frog", or the Fairy Godmother from "Cinderella"). [I guess at least I should be happy I haven't been asked to be Mother Gothel or Maleficent or something!] :}
4. You actually get excited about grocery shopping because your husband has offered to keep the kids, and you're going to get to go to a store by yourself!
5. You've worn your pajamas for 3 days straight.
6. You find yourself striking up a conversation with that telemarketer because they use words other than "Mommy" or "She took my..."
7. You can hold an in-depth discussion on whether Steve or Joe made the best host on "Blue's Clues". You also can name all of the characters from memory, and can perform the theme song.
8. You feel like motherhood is the best thing that ever happened to you one minute, then wonder why on earth you and your husband ever thought having kids was a good idea in the next.
9. You never get to go to the bathroom by yourself anymore.
10. You feel like you might just have to scream the next time someone tells you, "Oh, enjoy this time...they grow up so fast!!!"
11. You are so excited to get a day away from the kids, but by the end of the day you miss them terribly and hope they're doing okay without you.
12. Nothing melts your heart more than hearing, "I love you, Mommy!"
Happy Mother's Day, everybody! :)