Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mattel Special Sparkles Belle Doll Review

Okay, I'm starting to try to get through some of the posts that have been sitting around as draft posts for a while. :} I'm just about finished with my second Media Musings post, but as this is primarily a doll blog, I like to try to keep some space between my movie reviews so you guys don't get annoyed. ;)

A couple of months ago, I had a little spending money in my pocket and decided to peruse eBay to see what I could find. :)  There are still several Belle dolls that I've been keeping an eye out for to round out my boxed collection.  One of them was Mattel's "Special Sparkles Belle" from 1994.  She was part of the "Special Sparkles" series, which also included Snow White, Cinderella, and Jasmine.  While I was browsing, I found a Special Sparkles Belle, still in her box, for $24.99 Buy it Now with free shipping! :)  

I couldn't resist such a great price for something I'd been wanting for so long.  So, Special Sparkles Belle came to join my boxed Belle dollies. :D

Here she is in all of her boxed glory:

As you can see, her dress, jewelry, her eyes, and even the lining of her box are extra sparkly, in keeping with the theme.

Here's a view of the back of the box.

I adore this lovely bit of artwork on the front of the box. :)

Here's a close-up of all of the official info on the back of the box. 

Here's a closer look at her lovely face.  I was a bit disappointed that they made her eyes green (a common error in Disney Belle dolls.  Her eyes were brown in the movie...you'd think Disney and Mattel would be able to remember that.) ;)  Nevertheless, she is a beautiful doll and I'm very happy with her.

And here's another head shot just because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. ;)

I don't have any more pictures or details because I'm not planning on deboxing her.  I would highly recommend this doll for any Belle fan, though.  She's a wonderful, unique addition to my collection.


2 comments:

S and O said...

She's very pretty. Congrats on finding her for such a good price! I wish that they made that dress for American Girls like me!

~ Macy ~

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Macy, thanks for commenting, and welcome to the blog! :)

I was very excited to find her for such a good price! The cheapest I'd seen her for before this was for around $60, so I was very grateful to only spend $25. :)

Emma and Hayden would love to have a dress like this too, by the way. ;)