Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Disney Princess Dolls are at Disneystore.com! :D

Just like the title says, the newly designed Disney Princess fashion dolls are now available at Disneystore.com!  You can see all of them HERE, but you'll have to scroll down the page a bit, as they kept all of the Brave dolls at the top. :)

The Prince dolls appear to be exactly the same, and the clothing/accessory sets appear to be the same aside from different packaging.  One thing that's a bit frustrating to me is that everything has gone up in price.  The Prince and Princess dolls and the clothing sets are now $14.50 each instead of $12.50 each, or 2 for $22 instead of 2 for $20.  I can understand about the Princess dolls...I'm sure having the extra poseable joints increases production cost.  But to have them raise the prices on the Prince dolls and the clothing sets, which haven't changed, is a bit frustrating and disappointing.  I know things are getting more expensive to make on the whole because of increased gas prices and things, so perhaps that's part of the price increase too.

Another thing I noticed was the new look of several of the princesses that can be seen on the newly released t-shirts and other items with screen art.  In the UK, the Disney Store has been releasing a special Princess charm bracelet with new charms every month.  The cardboard packaging for the charms featured the Disney Princesses with new hairstyles and dress variations.  I thought they were very pretty and wondered if these new looks would make it to the US.  Now they apparently have. :)  You can see what I mean by looking at  THIS T-SHIRT.  You can see all of the princesses on THIS T-SHIRT, but they're not as clear (you'll want to click on the zoom feature to get a closer look, and even then they're still a little fuzzy!).  Snow White and Aurora have very minor bow and hair changes.  Poor Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, and Rapunzel got left out of the upgrade. :}  What do you think of the Princesses' new makeovers?   I really like Cinderella and Ariel's new looks, but I have to say that my favorite is probably Belle's (surprise, surprise!). ;)

Is anyone tempted to get one of the new princess dolls?  I have to admit, despite her severe eyebrows, I'm still thinking about adding Belle to my collection eventually. :)

6 comments:

Claire said...

I'm disappointed about the price increase, too. I mean, it's understandable why the Princess dolls would get it, but I think upping the price on the Prince dolls and the clothing sets just seems a bit...frustrating, for lack of a better word.

I personally like Belle (despite her eyebrows) and Jasmine the best of the dolls. I'm not really a fan of Rapunzel or Cinderella's new outfits since I don't think they really look like their dresses, but I think their faces are absolutely wonderful.

Since your partial disappointment with "Brave", does this mean you won't be purchasing the $16.50 Merida doll? I plan on seeing the movie soon, but I think regardless of my opinion on the film, I'm still going to get the doll because she's exquisite-looking and I want to get her before they end up changing her look.

Have a great week! :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Claire! :)

I really struggled about whether or not to get the Merida doll...it was literally a back and forth thing all weekend long (because of the free shipping offer, I figured if I was going to do it, I should do it this last weekend).

I did enjoy a lot of the movie on an adult level, I was just really disappointed that they made a kids' movie so scary and dark.

I also love the Merida doll and have been looking forward to adding her to my collection ever since her release. I worried that I would regret not getting her, especially if I waited until the free shipping offer had expired (and knowing, like you mentioned, that eventually there would only be a lower-quality Merida available).

I almost went for Queen Elinor instead. She was one of my favorite characters in the movie, and I thought the doll was pretty. But then Hubby came by and made the casual observation that her head was too triangular compared to movie Elinor, and that her crown wasn't far down enough on her head. Of course, he had no intention of persuading me against getting her, but as soon as he said it, I couldn't get it out of my head and didn't like the doll as much any more. :}

So, at 11:48 pm, I went ahead and ordered Merida (with a whole 11 minutes to spare on the free shipping offer!). ;)

I think I'll probably keep her in the box for a while until I decide for sure that I want to keep her. I'd like to watch the movie again, now that I know what to expect, and see if my opinion of it improves any...that will most likely affect whether or not I want to keep the doll. :)

And now that the new releases are out, it would be tempting to exchange her for the new Belle. ;)

Kirren said...

My sister noticed the new princesses on their main page in the disney shop:
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-princess/mn/1000016/

I was really quite disappointed with the reviews of Brave. This will be another movie that I will have to miss.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for commenting, Godsgirl6153.

I am sad for what Brave could have been. There were some great parts, but also some things in it that didn't need to be there. It will be interesting to see how it does with audiences.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

P.S. Thanks for the link to the Princess page. :)

Liddy said...

I love the new look of all the princesses! Disney did an outstanding job on Snow White's new look. They also did well with Belle. Her face mold is pretty, and her dress is absolutely stunning. Tiana and Rapunzel looks a little melancholy, though. Thanks for posting this! I am very tempted to get the Belle, Sleeping Beauty, or Snow White!:)

*Liddy*