Friday, January 18, 2013

Never Grow Up's New Look

Okay, everyone, I'm officially back!  Thank you for being so understanding and letting me take a while to work on the blog and eBay sales.  Having the flu hit everyone in the middle of everything was just lovely, too. ;)

So, there are several changes.  I switched my template, and I'm really pleased with the result.  I especially love the bold, clear lines on this particular template.

I removed a lot of the pictures from my sidebar to give it a less cluttered look.  But never fear:  my faves are still here.  They're just up on a page under my header now instead of on my sidebar. :)

And speaking of pages, you'll notice there are quite a few new ones.  Blogger is finally allowing more than 10 pages (which I just discovered recently), so I was able to expand that area.  I've grouped a lot of my similar posts on some of the pages to make them easier to find.  Please check it out and tell me what you think. :)

In the next few weeks, I'll add a few more pages that are still under construction.  I'll be sure to let you know when I get those up.

There are a couple of other important additions.  First off, I've added a "Sponsor" page at the top of the blog.  This is kind of an experimental thing.  I'm going to be offering advertising space on my left sidebar for those of you with doll or toy-related sites or stores that would like to get some extra advertising for an affordable price.  The ads are powered through Passionfruit ads.  After doing a lot of research, they were the online ad company I was the most interested in trying.  They seemed like the most hassle-free way for me to bring in a little extra income through my blogging while still having some say on which ads end up on my blog.  I can't give you much of a recommendation yet, aside from the fact that they have a very helpful, user-friendly site and a lot of good feedback.  I'll try to give you an update on my thoughts in the next couple of months.

The other new additions are my Twitter and Facebook pages!! I've officially entered the modern world, peoples! ;)  I was able to get an account on Facebook entering a minimal amount of personal information, and I will only be using it for blogging, not personal use, so Hubby was okay with the security aspect of everything.  Click HERE to visit my Twitter and HERE to see my Facebook page.  I also have pages for Jane Austen and Unicorns (HERE) and Belle's Bulletins (HERE).

This is a lot to take on at once, and if the Facebook thing gets too overwhelming, I may have to just stick with Twitter.  I'm really excited to try this, though, and to get some added exposure to Never Grow Up.

I think that about covers most of the major changes.  Feel free to explore a while, and if you have any questions, I'm just a comment away. :)

P.S.  I almost forgot, I have a few eBay auctions left, ending tomorrow, so if you haven't had a chance to check them out, you can see everything that's left HERE. :)

P.P.S.  I also switched my header, so I'll go ahead and put a copy of the old one here:




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think i like your new look better.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks. :)

Lys said...

Wooh, welcome to modern times! ;) I 'like'd your facebook pages.

Also like the new look - very simple and clean, easy to get around. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Double thanks, Alice. :) Good to hear from you. I'm glad you're pleased with the new look. Simple and clean was what I was going for. :)

jordan sky said...

Your blog looks really cool! I'm glad to here your back :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Jordy...glad to be back! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks so different! I'm so glad you're back though, and your new look is very cool!

jordan sky said...

Do you have a follower button? If so, where is it?

mystrygirl87 said...

I like the new look, and the new header! Glad everyone in your family is feeling better.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

Jordy, my follower button is on my right sidebar. I just moved things around a bit so it's easier to find. It's right under my "About Me" part on my sidebar. :)