Monday, February 17, 2014

Party Pics and More Toy Fair News :)

Middle Gal's family party yesterday was a big success.  We had a great time together with our family, celebrating eight years with Middle Gal.  I can't believe she's already that old!

I thought you guys would enjoy seeing pictures of Middle Gal's cake.  She chose a "Frozen" theme, as I mentioned yesterday, and Mom and Mimi did a wonderful job on the cake, as usual. :)

The complete cake.  The cake itself was yellow cake with homemade butter cream frosting.  The trees in the background were star-shaped sugar cookies with white frosting.  Mom and Mimi also used candy rocks and chocolate-covered strawberries for rocks, and then used white sugar sprinkles and white snowflake-shaped sprinkles to add extra texture to the "snow".

We found a set of mini Frozen dolls at Walmart that were just the right size for the cake.  Mom and Mimi put them on a clear little tray with sprinkles covering it so they wouldn't get frosting on their cloth dresses.

The set also came with a mini Olaf.  It was fun to have him on the cake, too. :)  

A closer look at the rocks and sprinkles.

The cookie trees were held together by wooden skewers.  To keep them from toppling, my dad got Mom and Mimi a big block of Styrofoam, which they covered in tin foil.  Then, all they had to do was push one end of the skewers into the foam, and the trees stayed in place perfectly. :)

They also made Middle Gal a mini cookie tree with a candle for her to blow out. :)

Just the day before the party, I happened to find this Frozen t-shirt just in Middle Gal's size, so I got it for her and she wore it for the party.  She also wore blue socks on her hands (to look like Anna's gloves) and a blue skirt.  Then she tied a pink baby blanket around her neck to look like Anna's cape. :)

For a finishing touch, and at Middle Gal's request, she wore two braids, and I braided a piece of sheer white ribbon into her right braid to look like Anna's white streak.  This was a lot easier said than done, and caused  a bit of a Sunday morning meltdown (from me, I'm ashamed to admit...stupid hormones). :{  I finally figured it out, though, and the end result was pleasing.

So, one Frozen party down, two to go.  Of course, at this point, Oldest Gal is considering a Frozen/My Little Pony party theme, so that will be interesting to figure out. ;)  When we were discussing it yesterday, the three girls were coming up with pretty funny scenarios from Frozen where the different MLP characters came in and added to the film.  (Middle Gal's idea was for Pinkie Pie to jump in right after Hans said "I would never shut you out," and shout "LIAR!!"  I could totally see it.) ;)  

Anyway, it's been a crazy weekend, but a fun one. :)

Before I go, I just wanted to link a couple of Ever After High videos from the Toy Fair that I found.  These are from YouTube user clawdeena9.  The first shows the lineup of regular EAH dolls but includes a look at Cedar Wood, the daughter of Pinocchio and the newest doll to the regular line.  You can see it HERE.

There's also a video of the four new "Throne Coming" dolls.  This lineup includes C.A.Cupid, Raven Queen, Blondie Lockes, and Apple White.  You can see the video HERE.  My girls saw these and said, "Look, Mommy, they have modest dresses!" ;)  Their eye makeup is a bit crazy 80s for me (especially Raven's), but it is refreshing to see them in dresses that go past their knees. ;)

More to come!  For now, I'm off to JC Penney's to have the girls' pictures taken.     

8 comments:

Sunny_Harper1994 said...

Happy Birthday Middle Gal!!!! I liked your blue socks idea!
I'm glad EAH have modest dresses, I don't like anything knee up on myself so the poor dolls must not either. ;)

misspiggy=awesome said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I would like to say I have not attempted to dress like Anna twice, but that would be lying. ;)

Kelly said...

What a FABULOUS cake! Love the braids too. Happy Birthday, Middle Gal!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, everyone! :D

BlackKitty said...

Everything looks awesome! I wouldn't dare to hold a themed party even in my worst nightmare. My party food looks like food and my clothes look like pyjamas. Your girls are so lucky to have you :)

Nina said...

That is one of the cutest cakes I've ever seen! I love it! Happy Birthday Middle Gal!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Lol, thanks, BlackKitty. I don't do the food, which is really nice for me, and Middle Gal pretty much came up with her outfit by herself. So really, my usefulness is overrated. ;) I do love making their birthdays special, though.

Thanks, Nina. :) I'll pass the message along.

T.K. Wilson said...

That idea with Pinkie Pie reminded me of that The Princess Bride where Billy Crystal's "Wife" runs out and screams "LIAR! LIAR!"