Monday, February 14, 2011

Plum Pudding Party Pics :)


Here, as promised, are a few pics from my daughter's birthday.  We had a great time, despite some last minute illness and craziness.  My aunt, who normally helps my mom make the cakes, ended up getting sick the day before "cake day", so my sister-in-law helped with the cake instead. 

We all assumed my daughter would want a purple cake, since purple is her favorite color and Plum Pudding is mostly in purples.  But a week or so ago, she informed us that she wanted a pink cake with three layers and with chocolate covered cherries on it.  So, that's what my mom did! :)  It turned out a lot brighter pink than she wanted (these pictures tone the color WAY down), but it was still really cute!



The girls didn't cough nearly as much that day, and most of my daughter's friends got to come.  I was so relieved.  It was a good turn out...just a big enough group to feel well attended, but not so many people that it felt overwhelming.

All the little girls LOVED their special necklaces from Jess at Factory Twenty9, along with their other goodies.  Sorry, I didn't get any good pics of the girls with their necklaces...it was a little crazy! 

My daughter got lots of fun gifts and had a wonderful time playing with her little friends.  All in all, it was a great day...though we were all pretty wiped out by the end of it! :)

The birthday girl opening her present from my mom...full of purple things. :)

The cake with all of the goodie bags behind it...this is a little closer to the actual pink. :)  The figurines in front of the cake were added by my daughters as extra decorations.  And the special dark Hershey's kisses were also my daugher's special request.

5 comments:

Caelen said...

That cake is really pretty and looks delicous!! :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks Caelen. :)

susan said...

Yeah!! You survived the party and did quite well with it! I love the cake!! By the way, I love the music!
Susan

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks Susan! :)

leah Nay said...

wow