Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tax Return Goodies

Yesterday felt like Christmas again.  Both of the doll dresses I ordered with my tax return spending money came! :)  I got some great pics that I can't wait to share with you. 

So first off, we have the adorable plaid holiday dress from Pottery Barn kids.  This dress is sooo cute.  The style is a bit juvenile for the ages I've assigned to my dolls, but they humored me and tried it on anyway. :) 


I love the tulle underneath that makes the skirt poof out so far.  It reminds me of some of the dresses I've gotten as hand-me-downs for my daughters.  [I just noticed how different the coloring looks between all of Tess's pictures and Emma's pictures.  I have no clue why my camera did that.  The coloring is closer to Emma's pictures, in my opinion.]

The dress came with soft, velvety shoes as well, but I think they were designed more for PBK's cloth dolls.  They were way too big for my dolls.  The dress itself was worth the great sale price, though.


I tried the dress on Tess first, but then decided to try it on Emma as well.  Tess's body is a lot thicker than an AG body, so I wanted to give an accurate picture of how it fit for all of you AG collectors.  As you can see, it looks great on both of them.


I'd really like to try this dress on Charlie.  I think it would look great with her coloring.


Next, we have my BEAUTIFUL Regency dress from Doll Clothes of Yore.  Emma was really excited to finally have a Regency dress of her own.  She's been eyeing Tess's for quite some time. :) 


For those of you considering purchasing from Doll Clothes of Yore, I thought it important to mention that my dress was not the exact same dress as the one pictured.  I don't know if this is the case with every dress, but I just wanted you to be aware.  The differences were minimal; it was almost the same dress.  The colors and trim were the same.  The lace around the collar was different, and the biggest difference was the bow at the center of the empire waist.  Here's a comparison of the two:


I didn't care for the bow in the center, especially since I wasn't expecting it, so I removed it and used it as a coordinating hair ribbon.  It was well-sewn, but fairly easy to remove. 

So here are some pics of Emma in her new dress.  The color looks great with her skin tone and eye color.  It's one of those dresses that seems to change color depending on what background it's against.  It actually looks a lot greener in person, but photographed against the darker green background, it looks more blue.  (Oh, and for those of you interested, I got the idea for Emma's hairstyle from this Youtube video, a tutorial for human hair.)


And here are some pics of my two Regency girls.  Tess is planning on doing a new series of posts on the blog she shares with Maggie.   It's going to be called "Tea with Tess" and will feature special topics and special guests.  Keep checking back on Tess and Maggie's blog.  She's hoping to get the post up today or tomorrow. :)    UPDATE:  Tess just posted her first "Tea with Tess". :)  You can get there by clicking the link HERE.  Enjoy!! :)




7 comments:

Caelen said...

The dresses look really pretty on both Emma & Tess. :)
~Caelen

M and M said...

I like both of your purchases. Emma looks really elegant in her regency gown. The dress from pottery barn is adorable too. I was considering purchasing from doll clothes of yore and I think I will as a birthday present for myself in May.

susan said...

I love both dresses. Even though the first one looks a little young, I, too, like the tulle underneath. It makes it look more expensive. I, too, didn't like the bow in the front of the long blue dress. You did a good job removing it. That was a great purchase!!!
Susan

Emma Kate said...

I think both dresses look great on both dolls! I like the first one a lot!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for the nice comments, everybody! :) I'm glad you all enjoyed the dresses.

I just updated this post...Tess just finished her first "Tea with Tess" post on "Jane Austen and Unicorns" and would love it if you all checked it out! :)

American Girl Dolls Rock!! said...

wow so cute!! I love the pink and green dresses the best!!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks!! I loved taking the pics. I've had the pink dress for a while and don't remember which eBay seller I purchased it from. It's absolutely beautiful, though. :)