Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Remaining Disney Princess Designer Collection Dolls Being Released Today on Disneystore.com

I haven't gotten into these before, mainly because I was unimpressed with Belle's beehive hairdo and some of the sultry expressions on some of the princesses' faces.  However, since I have many followers who are Disney fans, I thought I should mention this today. 

For those of you who don't know, Disney has released a special line of collector's edition Disney Princess fashion dolls, called the Disney Princess Designer Collection.  The dolls were based on styles and fashion plates from the 60s era, with overly glamorous versions of their signature dresses.  About a month ago, the Disney Store started releasing them one princess at a time every Monday.  The dolls sold out within the first few hours, and many customers were getting frustrated by the difficulty of securing their favorite doll.  The dolls released so far (and already out of stock) were Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, and Snow White. 

As a result, the Disney Store decided to release the remaining 5 Princess dolls (Jasmine, Aurora, Tiana, Pocahontas, and Rapunzel) at the same time.  The in-store release date was yesterday, and today is the online release date.  I just checked Disneystore.com, and they have just put them up!!  If you want one of these, I'd make a beeline for Disneystore.com (this is a direct link to the page).  Hope you get your favorite before they sell out! :)

7 comments:

Lys said...

I got to our Disney store at 3:30 in the morning yesterday to make sure I got my doll (Rapunzel)... and I got the very last one! After missing out on Snow White I wasn't about to miss out on my second choice too lol.
Though I agree, Belle wasn't very pretty. I thought her face looked rather snobby and her dress was just a total fail or something lol. Shame cause she's my favorite Disney Princess too! Rapunzel's face looks much nicer though lol...

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Wow...congratulations! I've actually been trying to get through to the site since I posted this and haven't been able to get through. Just a few moments ago, I managed to get to Jasmine's page, and she's sold out already. So obviously someone's been able to get through! I wonder if releasing all of the dolls at the same time was such a great idea...their site is definitely having problems.

I also called the Disney Store's 800 number, but part of the recorded message said that the dolls can only be ordered online, not over the phone.

Buying online beats getting up at 3:30, but it's still crazy! I'm just glad I didn't really have my heart set on one of these...there's no way I would have been able to purchase one!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Okay, I just got through. All 5 dolls are officially sold out! That was less than 2 hours after they were released!!!

Elliebob said...

I like rapunzel best. Now that I have a babysitting job every week, maybe I can save up! Thanks! :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Rapunzel is pretty. Unfortunately, the only way to get them now is through eBay, and the ones I've seen there have been going for around $200!! :{ You'll have to babysit a LOT to save up that much!! :( Sorry, Elliebob! But don't worry, I'm sure they'll come up with another princess line in no time. They've been making princess dolls right and left, and they usually bring out special dolls around Christmas time, too. :)

Jen said...

I can't say I've been overly impressed by the Designer line, mostly 'cause I'm not really into the whole glam thing. The Animator's Collection toddler dolls, though? TOO CUTE.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I was just so disgusted by Belle's hair and those weird eyelashes! :}

I'm still undecided on the Animator's Collection dolls. I love the sketches (especially since Glen Keane is one of my favorite Disney animators), but I'm not sure I like their faces. Belle is cute, but I don't know that I HAVE to have her. I suppose that's a sign of maturity. ;) Some of them look a little odd to me...especially Aurora. :)