Monday, April 22, 2013

I've Been Awarded! :)

Okay, my crazy weekend is over and my kiddos are in bed, so I finally have some time to sit down and do some blogging. ;)

Oldest Gal had a very fun party yesterday, but it was apparently a bit too much for her because she stayed home from school today with sniffles and a sore throat.  She seems to be back to her normal chipper self tonight, though, so I think a day of resting and reading in bed did her some good. :)  I have a few pics to share from the party, but I forgot my camera at my aunt's house, so they'll have to wait for a bit. :}



While we're waiting for my camera to get back home, I'll do a post that I've been meaning to get to for the past week.  I was recently nominated for two different blog awards.  The Bolton Girls awarded me with the "Best Blogger Award" , and then AdeleCupcake awarded me with the "Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award". :)  So here are my horribly overdue answers to the blog questions:

Best Blogger Award:

1.  What is your favorite post that you've ever created?  
I've enjoyed a lot of the posts I've done, especially my recent photography posts.  I think I'd have to say one of my very favorite posts was my Doll Comparison Post #2.  It was so much fun to get an in-depth comparison of each of the dolls I reviewed. :)

2.  What is your favorite photostory that you have ever taken part in?
I don't really do photostories on this blog since there are plenty of them on Tess and Maggie's blog and Belle's blog.  On Tess and Maggie's blog, I love all of the photostories from my vacations.  On Belle's Bulletins, my favorite photostories are Robby, Christmas Eve, Wonderful News, and Snow Day.  Sorry, it's hard to chose just one! :} 

3.  Why do you blog?
I started blogging because I was hoping to become a published author, and my writing coach had mentioned that authors were usually expected to have some sort of blog to promote their books.  I figured it would be a good idea to figure out the blogging world when it "didn't matter". ;)  My little blog about dolls, Disney, and my other hobbies has grown steadily over the past two and a half years.  It's become so much more than I ever thought it would.  While I still blog to gain experience and get feedback on my writing, I also blog to share my hobbies and joys with the many online friends and followers I've met.  I appreciate each and every one of you so much. :)

4.  How many followers do you have?
I currently have 233 followers. 

5.  Do you like being nominated for awards?
Always! :)


Brilliant Blog Bouquet Award:

1.  If you could have a "flower pen name" like we have here on our blog, Violets and Daisies, what would it be?    
I'd probably use "Roses and Gardenias", my two favorite flowers. :)

2.  What is your favorite ever Bible verse and why?   
One of my very favorite verses is Psalm 19:14.  "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer."  This is a verse that my daughters and I recite frequently.  It's a great reminder of the way we ought to live every day after all that our Savior has done for us.  I love the fact that the verse covers both our words and our thoughts.  One is outward and observable by others, the other is inward and only seen by God. :) 

3.  What are the blogs which inspire you the most?    
There are many blogs I find inspiring, but a few of my favorites are The Toy Box Philosopher, The Doll Wardrobe, Accordion to Kellie, and Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows. 

4.  If you and your friends could visit any country in the world, where would you go?    
I'd love to see Great Britain, France, India, or Japan. :)  I'd definitely have to go with someone, though.  It wouldn't take long for me to get either totally lost or totally overwhelmed. ;)

I'm supposed to nominate bloggers to award with both of these, but I think I'm going to take the lazy way out.  These have been around for a bit, so most of the people I would nominate have already been awarded. If you're reading this and you'd like to give it a shot, consider yourself awarded! :)

I have several posts in the works and hope to get back to a more regular posting schedule over these next few weeks.  Be back with more soon! :)












No comments: