Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back to the Whirlwind

Hi everyone!  I thought you'd like to know that we made it safely back from our week-long vacation (just what we all needed).  We had a wonderful time together, but now it's back to reality. ;)  There is laundry to be washed, a house to be cleaned, and a school year to prepare for.

Today is August 1st, and I know that these last two and a half weeks before the new school year will fly by.  There is so much I need to complete before I send my three little ones off to school...

There are other changes, too.  I just found out right before my vacation that I will be teaching art at my daughters' school on Tuesdays.  I'll be teaching the 1st through 5th grades.  It's exciting but rather terrifying at the same time.  I have so much to do to get ready for the class in these next couple of weeks.

This morning I have a meeting with the school and Little Gal has a meeting with her Kindergarten teacher.  Then I'll be staying in the art classroom for a while to help the other elective teacher work on the room.

All this to say that I will post about my trip, do my response video, and start the giveaway when I can...but I'm swamped today.  Which is a bummer.  I'd much prefer to lounge around in my PJs the first day back from our vacation. :}

Have a wonderful day, everyone!  I'll post as soon as I can.

5 comments:

Gemmi said...

Congrats on your new job! You'll make a great art teacher!


Thanks for having such a great blog. I really enjoy everything you do!

All AG said...

I'm taking art this year too! :D I got to pick my elective because they messed up my schedule. And yep, school is going to make me so frustrated and yet so relaxed at the same time (that makes no sense whatever I know I don't XP) Drastic changes this year is heading my way!

BlackKitty said...

Teaching little children sounds like a nightmare... I'll totally understand if you don't write anything for several weeks. Hang in there!

The Dolls said...

August first was a busy day!! Today I helped my mother put up tomatoes and peaches, who knows what else I'll do this month.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks so much, everyone! :)

Gemmi, I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. :) It always makes my day to hear that.

I hope you have a wonderful art class and a wonderful school year, All AG. :)

Lol...I actually enjoy teaching kids, BlackKitty. I love drawing, too, and I'll be teaching drawing and painting, so it should be a great job. There are just so many things to prepare and so little time to do them! :}

Sounds yummy, The dolls! ;)