Friday, April 29, 2011

The Dangers of EBay

Okay, guys.  Stay away from eBay!!!  It's just dangerous!  You're sitting there, browsing through things and find something you really like.  You think, "Hmmm, I'll just bid this one time and see what happens." 

You come back several days later (Who am I kidding?  You check it every day just to see if you're still winning!) and find you've been outbid.  It's the last day of the auction, and it's still a really good price.  So you think, "Okay, well maybe I'll just bid a little bit more.  Technically I shouldn't be spending this much right now, but I'm sure someone else will outbid me...and if I could win it for this, it would still be a really good price." 

Then you come back and discover you've won.  And then you get to try to figure out the best way to break it to your hubby. :{

Well, that in a nutshell is what happened to me on Wednesday evening.  As any of you who have read through my Wishlist page already know, I've been wanting to get a My AG #25 to be a middle sister for Emma and Charlie.  Well, I got my wish.  Piper Olivia will be here within a week or two to join her sisters!

I'm really excited, but feel kind of bad that I was taking chances on eBay like that, too.  I got her for an amazing price, but it was still more than I should have been spending at this point (it didn't help that I'd done bills that afternoon...nothing like bills to put things in perspective!).  Of course, as always, my hubby was very gracious about it.  He told me, "Happy Mother's Day"...and then proceeded to tease me about how many hours of work the doll would cost him.  :{

One exciting thing is that hubby was able to get me a $10 discount through Bill Me Later (only recommendable if you pay it off every month...very important to remember, folks!!!!).  I still have some things on AG Playthings for sale, so if those sell it will help pay for the doll.  And if worst comes to worst, I'll start selling off a few pieces from my Beauty and the Beast collection to make up for it.

Needless to say, I'm going to be a good girl for a while and stay away from eBay!!!  I'll be sure to do a big post when she arrives! :)


P.S.  This just happens to be my 149th post!!!!  I have something really special planned for my 150th post, so check back tomorrow to find out what it is! ;) 

2 comments:

beachbabydoll1 said...

I so know what you mean. I don't do e-bay too much anymore and when I do it's with "buy it now". I love your drawing!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi beachbabydoll1! :) Yes, "buy it now" is much safer! I think I get too emotionally involved with my bidding...that's part of my problem, anyway. :)

Glad you like the drawing! :) I'm really pleased with how it turned out.