Back before Mount Hermon, I was nominated for the 2016 Liebster Award by my friend Barb over at My Little Doll Corner. (Thanks, Barb!) :)
As you guys probably know, I tend to be horrible at following through with these sorts of posts, especially in recent years. But Barb had some great questions, and I'm trying really hard to be better at the "give and take" aspect of the blogging world when I can...something that has rather fallen by the wayside as my blog has grown.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with how the Liebster Award works, it's an award given to bloggers with under 1,000 followers. The nominee thanks the blogger who nominated them, answers a set of questions, and then comes up with their own set of questions for their nominees of choice.
So here are Barb's questions:
1. If you could have one doll outfit made in life-size for you, which one would it be?
That's a toughie. Maybe the AG JLY Purple Jumper and Boots set if the skirt was a tad bit longer. That, or Gwen's Sundress with the denim vest from Target I always pair it with.
Both pictured here :)
2. If you could make a custom doll based on any character or real person, who would you make?
Shahrukh Khan as Veer from the Bollywood movie Veer-Zaara. My dream would be to have Noel Cruz paint it for me. ;)
3. Inset eyes. Yes or no?
I like both inset and sleep eyes, so yes. :)
4. Do any of your dolls have personalities based on people in real life?
Not really. Most of my dolls' personalities come from their facial expressions or my imagination. ;)
5. Do you have any dolls that you would like to be friends with in real life based on their personalities (whether created by the manufacturer or you)?
I think I'd have fun hanging out with Tess, Emma, or Hayden. :) Maggie would be okay in small doses. ;)
6. Is there a skill or ability you would like to instantly learn?
I would love to learn to dance, particularly waltzing, tap dancing, or some parts of hip hop. Sadly, my bad knees and lack of coordination will probably prevent this from ever becoming a reality. I really love the idea of dancing, though. And in movies and plays, they always make it look so effortless! If only... ;)
7. Do you have a travel doll that you take with you when you're out?
I have several dolls I use as traveling dolls (a few Zelfs, too). I like to rotate them to get a variety of doll or toy pictures. I usually only take traveling doll photos when I go on extended trips or vacations, though, not for everyday stuff.
Here are a few of my favorites:
Hayden at Build-A-Bear. (You can read about the rest of her trip HERE.)
Emma at the Disney Store. (You can read about Emma's trip HERE.)
Jenna at a local presentation of "Fiddler on the Roof." (You can read about it HERE.)
Piper, Tess, and Katie at Ladies Retreat.
Tess and Maggie on their way to our out-of-town Thanksgiving celebration.
Petal at Mount Hermon. (I'm not including a link here since it was just one post ago.) ;)
Buttershy at the coast.
Buttershy at our favorite bookstore in Eureka, CA.
Mermalade at In-N-Out.
Mermalade at Krispy Kreme.
Buttershy and Mermalade at a Mexican restaurant (during Ladies Retreat).
(Sorry for the lack of links on some of the pictures. I couldn't find the posts they belonged to.) ;)
8. Some people write stories using their dolls as character inspirations, or draw pictures of their dolls. Do you do anything like that?
I used my dolls as inspiration for my character blogs. Jane Austen and Unicorns was told from the perspective of my 18 inch dolls, while Belle's Bulletins was told from my Disney Store Belle fashion doll's perspective. It was a lot of fun coming up with their characters and personalities, and it was a great writing exercise, too. :)
9. Do you like to treat your dolls as canvases for face painting, new wigs, etc., or do you keep your dolls the way they came?
Most of my dolls stay as-is, but if I find a doll in TLC condition, I enjoy rewigging and restoring her. I definitely did more of that when I was new to collecting. Now, I find myself thinking about projects but not always following through with them. ;)
10. Who was the first doll blogger you followed?
It's been so long, I can hardly remember. I know one of the first, though, was The Doll Wardrobe.
11. What book or movie or television show would you like to see get its own doll line?
Any of Jane Austen's stories, Tin Man and Alice (both miniseries from the Syfy channel), my books (if they end up getting published), ;) The Princess Bride. I could go on, but I think I'll stop there. ;)
Okay, so now it's time for me to nominate some other bloggers and come up with my own set of questions. The thing is, I waited so long to get to this, nominating bloggers who haven't already received a nomination will be somewhat tricky. So, here's what I propose. I'll come up with the questions, and whoever reads this and wants to answer can consider themselves nominated. ;) If you decide to answer the questions, leave a link to your post in the comments so the rest of us can come check out your blog. :)
Here are my questions:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world without worrying about cost, where would you go?
2. What is your favorite doll/toy in your collection and why?
3. What was the last book you read?
4. If you had the ability to make one imaginary animal real (i.e. unicorn, dragon, griffon, etc.), which one would you choose and why?
5. Which blogger or online friend has inspired you in your own blogging adventures and why?
6. What is your biggest dream for the future?
7. Is there a doll or toy that was "the one that got away" in your collecting experience? Would you still want it now if you had the opportunity to add it to your collection?
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
9. Captain America or Iron Man? (Or neither?)
10. If you had to limit your collection to one type of doll or toy (18 inch, fashion doll, BJD, MLP, Zelfs), which type would you choose?
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Thanks again for the nomination, Barb. :) And if any of you reading this decide to answer the questions, I look forward to your answers. :)
I hope all of you have a great weekend! More posts to come. :)