So after consulting with Hubby, I decided to open up both dolls and have a nice, long photo shoot. I knew I'd lose out on shipping to return a doll to Amazon anyway, and I knew I could recover at least a good portion of what I paid by reselling the doll I didn't keep. If I was made of money and had unlimited space, both of these gals would so be staying with me! But since I've spent a bit already this month, I'm going to choose one. Trouble is, I'm still trying to decide! :} (Warning, as is a usual thing with most of my posts, this one is super photo heavy!)
Here are the two cuties in question: Zelia and Lauryce.
Zelia has lovely reddish-brown hair, fair skin, and brown eyes. She does definitely have Nahji's face mold.
Lauryce has honey-blonde, crimped hair, warm tan skin, and golden brown eyes. She has a different face mold that I haven't been able to identify yet. I do know that it's not Nahji's or Consuelo's, and I'm pretty sure it's not Rahel's either.
Zelia looks loads better without her yellow jacket on. Her outfit is very casual but cute.
She has a really sweet face.
Zelia and Lauryce
And here they both are with Nahji. I wanted to see how each doll looked with her since she's the one I already have. I've decided I'd like to have between three and four Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls (at least for now), and I know that I want Mosi when she's released. I've also been leaning towards Consuelo, but I think I'll wait until Mosi comes out, just in case she and Consuelo look too similar. Anyway, because I'm planning on a small H4H collection, I wanted to make sure that the dolls I have are ones that I love and also look unique from each other.
Zelia and Nahji
Lauryce and Nahji
See why I'm having such a hard time deciding? ;)
I thought I'd also get some pics of all of the details on both dolls since I had them free of their boxes. :)
This little gal is super photogenic and has a really unique hair/eye/skin color combination.
A view from the back of her lovely crimped hair. Her hair felt every bit as soft as the previously released Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls, which was a relief to me. I've been so impressed with the hair quality of the H4H line...I'm glad that continued with the new releases.
Her earrings are a pretty "silver" (though as far as I can tell, they're actually plastic). They look even cuter when they're right side up. ;)
A profile shot, showing her adorable head scarf.
Another shot of her cute outfit.
Lauryce's silver bracelet comes on her right wrist (like her earrings, it does not appear to be real silver).
She comes with 4 bright plastic bracelets on her left wrist.
Her lavender shoes.
This little gal is a real sweetie. Even though she's from Brazil, I think she could work as a character from any number of countries. She's really got that average 10-year-old girl look.
Her cute butterfly (or maybe dragonfly?) earrings.
Her profile shot, showing her side ponytail with green and blue hair elastics. I'm curious to see what her hair looks like out of the side ponytail (of course, I haven't taken it out since I'm still deciding which doll to keep).
I really love her outfit. It's simple but very versatile.
Zelia does not have any sort of bracelets. (I think she's the first aside from Nahji who didn't come with any of the stretchy plastic bracelets). This is most likely because she came with a jacket. Still, I thought it was a shame that she didn't come with any sort of wrist wear.
Her shoes are so cute! :)
As you all know, I've mentioned several times how well these dolls work as little sisters to the BFC Ink dolls. I thought I'd include a few pics of them with some possible older siblings (I figured I'd better take advantage of the opportunity now, since most of the BFC Inks in these photos are currently listed on eBay (Gianna and Kaitlin are actually already shipped and on their way to their new home).
Zelia and Gianna
Zelia and Nicolette (she's one I'm keeping!)
Lauryce and CJ
I thought it was interesting that these two had almost exactly the same eye color!
Lauryce and Kaitlin
Consuelo and Aleisha
I know Consuelo's not one of the dolls I'm reviewing in this post, but she looked so cute with Aleisha and Noelle that I just had to include her! ;)
Conseulo and Noelle (also a BFC Ink that I'm keeping)
So now, it's decision time. I'm planning on making the final decision, but I'd love to have all of your input, too. Which doll do you prefer, Zelia or Lauryce? I keep going back and forth, myself. ;)
To help make an informed decision, I've listed some of the pros and cons for keeping each below.
1. I love her coloring, which provides somewhat of a contrast to Nahji.
2. I love her outfit, shoes, and earrings.
3. Her outfit could be mixed and matched easily.
4. I love redheaded and/or brown-eyed dolls.
5. Her straight hair would be easy to care for.
6. For now, at least, she seems to be less popular online than Lauryce, making my photos of her more unique.
1. She has the same face mold as Nahji, and I like the idea of having dolls with different face molds.
2. While I like brown-eyed dolls, if I end up with Mosi or Consuelo and already have Nahji, then all of my H4Hs would have brown eyes. Do I want more variety?
1. I love her crimped hair and her head scarf.
2. Her look is really unique.
3. She's super photogenic.
4. She has a different face mold and very different hair and eye color than Nahji, making her a unique addition to my collection.
5. I love her bracelet and earrings.
1. I wonder if her hair will be hard to take care of since it's not straight.
2. Her eyes are lovely, but she does tend to have a bit of an "intense" gaze compared to Zelia.
3. I think Zelia's coloring might possibly work a little better with some of the extra outfits I have for them.
4. Since she is more popular online, there are lots more pics of Lauryce than Zelia right now. Does that matter? Maybe, maybe not.
Okay, guys...time for your two cents. What are your thoughts? ;) I'll be sure to let everyone know when I make my decision (and when I list the extra doll on eBay).
UPDATE: To see which one I chose, click HERE! :)