Friday, February 22, 2013

Adorable BFC Ink Outfit from EBay Seller Cottoncandy1288

I'm very pleased to be able to review some great handmade BFC Ink items from a new eBay seller, cottoncandy1288. :)  I purchased one of her ensembles and can't wait to share her work with all of you. :)

My items arrived neatly folded and individually wrapped in plastic.  There was even a little bonus gift bag she included, complete with a matching hair clip inside.

Here are all of the items out of their packaging.  This ensemble included a shirt, pants, a skirt, and a jacket (the hair bow was a surprise). :)

Here is Noelle modeling the shirt, skirt, and hair clip.

Here's the view from the back.

  I love the shimmery yet sturdy quality of the material on the shirt.

The skirt is nicely sewn and lays naturally.

A closer look at some of the stitching on the front of the skirt.

Here's a closer look at the hair clip.  It's a bow that matches the shirt attached to a metal hair clip. 

Next I tried the pants.  I love the fact that this shirt can be worn tucked in or out.

Here's a closer look at the pants...

...and a view from the back.

A look at the inside stitching. 

I liked the fact that the pants pockets were functional pockets. :) 

And here's the great jacket that came with the set. 

A closer look. 

Back view

Something that surprised me was the fact that the buttons aren't functional.  The jacket looks like it's buttoned up when closed, though, because of the way she's sewn it.  One nice thing about this is it will be easier for younger girls to put the jacket on the doll and take it off again.  And as all moms know, button threads on doll clothing can wear out rather quickly from all of the constant buttoning and unbuttoning that goes on, especially if you have a less than careful child like my youngest. ;)  So this sort of jacket should also last longer with younger collectors.  (P.S.  I'm not sure what the small dark mark is at the top of the jacket...I didn't notice it until after I took the pictures, and it's not in all of them.  It must have been a piece of lint or something.) :}

A view of the jacket when opened.  (See?  No dark spot.) ;)

One of the things I love about this seller's work is the careful attention to detail in her doll clothes.  You can see an example of this in the jacket especially, from the button details on the wrists of the jacket... 

...to the small button and loops on the shoulders... 

...to the lined inside of the jacket.  That kind of care in a seller's work is always something I appreciate, especially when they take the time to make the parts of the outfit that won't be visible look nice and authentic.

I am very pleased with my purchase and very thankful to have found such great items at a reasonable price, especially when it's getting so hard to find BFC Ink clothing. :) 


Cottoncandy1288 very graciously donated a lovely handmade BFC Ink blouse that I'll be giving away sometime next week.  Until then, here's a sneak peak to hold you over:

Stay tuned for more news on the giveaway! :)  

In the meantime, she has some great listings up right now that you'll definitely want to check out.  You can see all of her current items for sale HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think Noelle looks like Miss Sherlock Holmes with the jacket on :D

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

She does look rather "Holmes-ish", doesn't she? ;)

Rhissanna said...

These are very lovely clothes and I really love the attention to detail. The functional pockets and the little details on the sleeves and shoulders of the jacket show wonderful craftsmanship. How nice of her to donate a blouse!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I agree, Rhissanna. I was very impressed with her work and grateful that she was willing to donate some of her work. :)