Monday, February 17, 2014

Toy Fair 2014 MLP Videos

Hey guys!  Just another quick post for you.  I found two great videos on YouTube that give you a grand tour of the My Little Pony booth at the Toy Fair.  Thank you to YouTube user zooLertOfficial for sharing such a great video with those of us who couldn't be there! ;)

Part One shows the new Equestria Girls "Rainbow Rocks" products.  As I said before, I'm not too thrilled with the theme, but I did see a few things I was interested in, such as the Equestria Girls dolls in their original movie fashions (something the first line lacked) and some of the doll and pony releases (did anyone else notice the Octavia brushable pony that comes with the EG version?). :D  Oh, and I also noticed that at least some of the new Equestria Girls dolls have actual feet, not just stubs that fit into the boots they wear.  That was one thing I didn't care for with the original versions, and I know that was a negative for many of my readers, too.

While I don't personally care for many of the new EG releases, I definitely see how they will appeal to their target audience, so I think Hasbro is doing a great job with their marketing.

Part Two goes over the regular pony releases.  I was hoping for a little more in the brushable pony line (I think she called them the "pony friends") and the blind bag ponies, but I am interested in the Pop ponies.  I'm looking forward to seeing those in person.  I'm not 100% sold on the Breezies yet...I'm not sure I like their design.  I'd like to wait and see them in person before I decide.  Also, it looks like at some point Twilight Sparkle will be inheriting a Rainbow Castle (which was not too hard to guess after watching the Season 4 episodes that have been released so far).

What are your thoughts on the upcoming releases?  Which of them are your favorites?

No comments: