Thursday, August 26, 2010

Have you heard the news?

   Just heard a bit earlier from The Doll Wardrobe that American Girl is most likely retiring Felicity and Elizabeth this year!! :(  Such sad news...Felicity was always my favorite growing up.  I'm sure they have their reasons for retiring the historical dolls, but I wish they wouldn't. 
   This makes me even more thankful that I found my Felicity when I did!  I checked the American Girl website and there's nothing about Lissie's retirement there yet.  So, to all you gals out there who are still wanting Felicity or Elizabeth, get on Ebay or Craigslist and start searching before it becomes common knowledge and the prices skyrocket!  I shared this on a comment on The Doll Wardrobe as well, but if you go to Craiglook.com, you have the option of searching Craigslist nationwide.  A lot of times, people are willing to ship their items.  Another idea is to look up postings in cities where you have family or close friends that would be willing to pick a doll up for you.  That's what I did with Felicity, and it's also the way I got my Gotz Tess doll. 
  I'm so sad that we won't be seeing Felicity or Elizabeth anymore...it makes you wonder who's next on the list!!  Good luck searching for bargains!!

4 comments:

Shari said...

I'm sad to see them retiring the historical dolls. I think they have more educational value and greater opportunities for creative play.

P.S. So glad I found your blog! It seems we have a lot in common. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I agree. The Just Like You dolls (or I guess now "My American Girl Dolls") are fun, but there's something so special about the historical dolls and seeing how little girls used to dress and play in earlier times. I hope they're not trying to phase them out!

Elinor Dashwood/Melanie said...

I am SOOOOO disappointed that they are retiring Felicity! :( :( :( I wish they would stop retiring the original dolls.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I know! :( And it's totally official now. I just saw it on the website.