Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Few Bits of Randomness...

Hey everyone!  I had a few tidbits to share with you about this and that, so pardon the wandering nature of this post. ;)

First off, I thought I'd share that the Disney Store is still having their "Buy 2 or More, and Get Them for $10 Each" promotion with their classic Princess doll line.  Okay, that might not be exactly what they call it... ;)  I noticed this small change to their promotion last month when I was filling my online cart (while impatiently waiting for my Disney Dreams Rewards card to arrive in the mail).  It used to be that you had to buy the Princess dolls in doubles to get the $10 price for each one.  So, for example, if you bought three dolls, you would get two of them for $10 and the other one for the full $14.50.  But now, as long as you buy at least two, you get the $10 each price, whether you order them in even numbers or not.  Just thought you might want to know that. ;)

And while we're on the subject of the Disney Store, I thought I'd give you an update on my defective Rapunzel Tower order.  I got it all packaged up to return but waited to send it back.  It didn't seem like the return label was a postage paid shipping label, and sending the set back was going to be expensive.  Things got a little crazy with the major heat wave and everything, but I finally managed to call the Disney Store customer service line today to get a little more information.  I was disappointed to discover that I would be responsible for the return shipping.  I knew that it would be silly to send it back when I would most likely pay about the same amount for shipping as I paid for the item.  The customer service rep I spoke with was very understanding and offered to send me a replacement at no extra charge.  He told me not to worry about sending the defective one back, and to let them know if the new item was also defective.

While I wish their return shipping policy was different, I did appreciate the fact that they worked to find a solution instead of just saying, "Sorry, too bad for you!" ;)  Since the reviews of the Tower Playset are so awful, I'm not holding my breath that this next one will be any better.  If it isn't, I might see if I can exchange it for something else...

So, the moral of the story is:  don't buy things from Disneystore.com that you're thinking about returning unless you're willing to pay the return shipping costs.  The plus side?  They really do have excellent customer service. :)

In other news, I received word today that Madeline Hatter and Raven Queen officially came to my local Justice store! :)  My mom very kindly stepped in as my unofficial "blog sponsor" and bought one of each for me to review, so expect an Ever After High review either later tonight or tomorrow! :D

For those of you still waiting on your local stores, it looks like Madeline is available on the Justice website (thanks to Hollys Dollys on Facebook for drawing this to my attention).  She is the only one available online at this point.  You can see her and the other Ever After High merchandise HERE.  

And I guess that's about it for now, aside from the fact that Tess, Maggie, and Belle are waiting for me to finish typing so they do their posts.  I suppose I should wrap this up so they can get to it! ;)

I'll talk to all of you again very soon! :)

7 comments:

Annilee said...

If I weren't going to the American Girl Store in two days, Maddie and Raven would already be on their way. :D

All AG said...

I think they would be really cute as an ag doll. Madeline is my fav! :-)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Oh, how fun that you get to go to the American Girl Store, Sparkie! :D I hope you have a wonderful time.

All AG, they would make great customs, wouldn't they? I wonder if someone will try it?

misspiggy=awesome said...

I edited AG dolls to look like the EAH characters...they aren't the best, but it's good enough. Want to see them? I can send pics! :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Misspiggy=awesome, I completely forgot to respond to this comment. Sure, you can send the pics to my email address: nevergrowup.beastsbelle@gmail.com :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to your rapunzel tower?

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I got another one that still had issues. (Rapunzel stayed together, but Eugene fell apart.) :} Since I had two unbroken dolls between the two sets, I figured I'd just keep them and not raise a fuss. I will probably avoid buying the smaller sets like these in the future, though. :(