Monday, August 12, 2013

Disney Store Updates and a Lottie Doll Review Coming Later Today! :)

Hi everyone!  I'm super excited to be able to share a review on the adorable Lottie dolls with you later today.  I have a few school-related errands to run before I sit down and type away. ;)

And I was going to be all helpful this morning, but that plan kind of backfired. :{  The Disney Store is releasing a set of five Designer Collection Prince and Princess Couples this year (I can't remember whether I've mentioned it here on the blog before or not).  The couples are Snow White and her Prince, Aladdin and Jasmine, Ariel and Eric, Belle and the Beast, and Rapunzel and Eugene.

The entire set of couples was being sold together this morning exclusively in the US on the Disney Store website.  It was the only guarantee of getting all five couples.  You can see them HERE.

Unfortunately, they've already sold out (not uncommon with the Designer Collection dolls...except for the villains which didn't do as well).  Of course, I doubt many of us would have had the $649.75 available to purchase all five couples...I know I don't! :}

For those of you who missed out this time around, the couples will still be released in pairs over the course of the next couple of months.  I believe it's going to be about $150 per couple, but I may be remembering that incorrectly.  Sigh...if it was in my budget, Rapunzel and Eugene and Belle and the Beast would soooo be coming home with me! ;)

In the meantime, there are a lot of related products with the Designer Collection artwork on them.  I actually prefer the artwork to the dolls, to be honest. ;)  You can find all of the Designer Collection items HERE.

Have a great day everyone!  I'll be back with my Lottie review soon. :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry to be Negative Nellie on the first comment, but I can't say I'm at all tempted by the Designer Collection dolls. I mean, they look like someone took the basic Classic dolls, stuck some extra-fancy clothes on them (and some eyelashes on the ladies), and then raised the prices exponentially. Don't get me wrong, the clothing looks good (though I think Rapunzel's dress is too fussy) - just not something I'd pay $150 for.

I'm more intrigued by the Snow White costume they're offering - I wonder if they'll be offering all the princess gowns? Again, not that I'd pay $350 - if I want a princess gown, I'll make it myself - but it's an intriguing move.

I'm most tempted by the Belle tee. Her artwork is by far the best of the lot, but again - $35 for a tee? Argh.

And that's all my negativity for now. Back to packing!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Lol...no problem, Jen. Negative Nellies are welcome. ;)

There have actually been a lot of negative responses to the dolls online, especially considering the price they're going for.

I think for me, part of it was the breathtaking artwork. When I saw the pics of the artwork I couldn't wait to see the dolls! When they were released, a lot of them just didn't capture the amazing quality of the concept art. I do really like Belle, Rapunzel and Eugene (although like you, I think Rapunzel's dress is a bit much). I'm not 100% sold on the Beast. They very obviously used the older removable head mold, and I'm wondering how it looks in person, since he appears to be just a Beast, not a Beast that transforms into a prince.

I thought Snow White's costume was beautiful too, and would love to see the other princesses' dresses released, too. Like you, though, I'm not planning on paying $350 for a costume. ;)

I hear you about the other stuff, too. I was attracted to the Belle shirt and the lithograph set, but both were more than I'd want to pay. :}

If I do anything from this line, I'll probably pick up a Belle or Rapunzel mug. :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Annilee said...

I love the dolls, but they're not in the budget. I really want Jasmine, Aladdin, Rapunzel, and Eugene, but once again, I don't have $300 to spend on them. I wish that they'd come out with Rapunzel's dress, but I'm not paying $350 for a costume. I might get the notecards and notebook and hang them up on the walls, so I can see the gorgeous artwork. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

That's a great idea, Sparkie. :) I'd love to do that myself. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

That's a great idea, Sparkie. :) I'd love to do that myself. :)