Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas Cookies for your 18" Doll

Before I get to the topic at hand, I'm sure most of you noticed that I've changed my header.  I like having copies of my old headers in my posts whenever I change them, just for my own enjoyment.  So here is the "Welcome Hayden" header I had before:


And now that I've finished that bit of randomness, on to the reason for this post! ;)

My mom was in JoAnn Fabrics the other day and found a mini Christmas garland with little plastic Christmas cookies attached to it.  She thought the cookies looked like they were just about the right size for the dolls, so she bought the garland. 

When she got home, she cut the cookies off of the garland and put them on one of her little doll-sized plates.  This is what they looked like when she was done:

Aren't they cute?  I love how they look like they're covered with sugar sprinkles. :)

Here's how they look in a doll's hand:
Jane is excited to try her Christmas cookie! :)

JoAnn's frequently has sales on their holiday items.  One of the reasons my mom decided to go for these was because all of the Christmas items were 40% off.  She said there were lots of ornaments that were good for 18" dolls as well, such as a baking sheet with cookies on it, little wreaths, and more.   

Have any of you found some good doll-sized goodies lately?  I'd love to hear about it. :)

8 comments:

Claire said...

First off, let me say that I love your new header!! :) I should probably get working on a new one for both of my blogs soon...maybe after Thanksgiving, when the Christmas decor starts rolling out of our attic. ;)

I'm pretty sure there's a JoAnn's in my town; I'll have to double-check if there is.

As for doll-sized goodies I've found lately, we found a doll-sized dresser last week that was at an antique show, so we picked that up (of course, a bit of rearranging in the doll room came afterward!) - I was so thrilled to find it. :)

Mickey's Girl said...

Those are really cute! It's starnge that a store would give a sale on Christmas items as its getting CLOSER to Christmas! I have to check that store out, I think I've heard of it before.

Mickey's Girl

Char @ Doll Diaries said...

What a cute find!! Now I want to check out our local Joann's and find some for our dolls.

Anonymous said...

Wal-Mart has the little candies to go on top of cupcakes in the holiday isles and they work great for holiday candies in the dishes, we get a few each holiday for our girls to put out ..

Taryn

Karen M. Owen said...

This is a wonderful example of re purposing items for doll play. You mom has a great eye for finding these, thank you for sharing it with us!

Elliebob said...

Looooooooove it!!!!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for commenting, everyone! :)

Mickey's Girl, JoAnn's often has early sales on seasonal items. It's kinda funny, but I don't complain! ;)

Taryn, now I feel like going to Walmart and looking for doll-sized candies! :)

Karenmomofthree, thanks for your comment. :) I really enjoy reading your blog and getting so many great ideas for doll crafts.

Char and Elliebob, thanks for stopping by. :) I love hearing from everyone!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Oops, Claire, I forgot you. :} I'm glad you like the new header. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with for your new headers, too. :)

Congratulations on finding a doll-sized dresser! Treasures like that are always so much fun. :)