So, here are the basics:
1. There are 11 questions (plus 1 bonus question). You can answer all of them or just select your favorites. You can use one word answers or write a whole paragraph. Feel free to add pictures if you like. :)
2. I know that most of us are the most familiar with the Disney versions of fairy tales, but in this case I'm thinking specifically of the basic fairy tales that the Disney versions were based on. Not familiar with the originals? Take a trip to your local library or a bookstore and check out the fairy tale section in the Children's Books. You might discover a new favorite! :) If you're not sure if a story qualifies, just ask...or put it in your answers anyway! (For example, if you want to talk about "Alice in Wonderland" or "The Chronicles of Narnia", that works for me!) ;)
3. I'm not really a stickler on the questions. If you want to list more or less than is required on some of the questions, or come up with your own variation of the answer, feel free.
4. If you have a blog, you can answer the questions in a post on your own blog. Please leave a comment on this post with an address to copy and paste, though. The best part about a blog party is seeing everybody's answers. :) Also, if you post about the blog party on your blog, please link back to this post so that your readers can participate as well.
5. If you don't have your own blog but would still like to participate, you can leave your answers in a comment on this post.
6. All entrants will be automatically entered for the first of several giveaways I'm hosting this week. The prize is the original artwork from my "Fairy Tale Faces" collage that I made especially for this post (see the pic above). If you are not interested in participating in the giveaway, please let me know in your comment. If you are interested, it would be easiest if you would leave me an email address to contact you in a separate comment. (If you leave your email address in the same comment with the link to your blog, I will not be able to post it.) Comment moderation is on, so no one will see your email address but me. As always, if you're under 18, please get permission from your parents before entering any of my giveaways. I'll have to get your mailing address to get your prize to you, and I want to make sure that your parents are comfortable with that. :)
7. If you're not interested in participating in the blog party but still want to be a part of a giveaway, don't worry! There will be other separate giveaways to come! :)
8. The blog party will be open until Tuesday, July 31st. On Wednesday, August 1st, I will do a random drawing of all the entrants' names and announce the winner by that same afternoon (Pacific Time).
9. Any questions? Feel free to leave them in a comment below!
10. Above all...HAVE FUN!! :D
FAIRY TALE BLOG PARTY QUESTIONS:
1. What is your favorite fairy tale and why?
2. List your 4 favorite fairy tale heroes or heroines and why you like them.
3. Who in your opinion is the most threatening fairy tale villain?
4. If applicable, share something about a favorite fairy tale book you had as a child. What made it so special?
5. In your opinion, what makes a good fairy tale?
6. Who is your favorite fairy tale illustrator?
7. What is your favorite re-telling of a classic fairy tale and why?
8. Which fairy tale character is the most like you?
9. If you could choose to be any fairy tale character, who would you be and why?
10. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
a. that a fairy godmother would come along, give you a dazzling outfit and shoes, and whisk you away to a royal ball
b. that you could fly
c. that you would discover an enchanted world outside of our own
d. that you would be able to go on a grand adventure
11. If you could find out anything about your favorite fairy tale character outside of the pages of his/her story, what would you want to know?
12. Share a picture of one of your dolls dressed as a fairy tale character. :)
Okay, everyone! Have at it and have fun. :) I can't wait to see everybody's answers. I'll be posting my own in the next day or so.
I made two blog buttons for you to add to your own blogs...feel free to grab them and spread the word! (By the way, I just have to say, after slaving over these forever I was STILL unable to end up with working buttons. Then I found this AMAZING site: http://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/ If you've ever struggled with making your own blog buttons with a grab box underneath, you'll definitely want to check this out! I wish I'd discovered it about 24 hours earlier!) :}
Meanwhile, keep checking back throughout the week for more fun! :)