Friday, October 28, 2011

Hayden Photo Shoot :D

Have any of you ever noticed that there are certain colors or outfits that make each specific doll suddenly stand out to you?  I've had this happen with my dolls before.  When I first put Emma into into her purple Liberty Jane top and grey Liberty Jane skinny jeans, something just clicked.  That totally became her "meet outfit" to me.  Tess just looks right in her original striped meet top.  Maggie looks the best in the "meet outfit" I designed for her:  her light blue corduroy newsboy cap, her bright blue and white polka dot top, and her khaki pants. 

I was really struggling with finding Hayden's look.  Nothing I had really seemed to click for me.  My mom very kindly offered to let me look through some of her surplus doll clothes to see if I could find something for Hayden there.   It was definitely a success:

Dark pink is definitely her color! :) 

So, without further ado, here are lots of pictures, shamelessly devoted to Hayden. ;)










Before I went to my mom's, I did an outdoor photo shoot with some clothes I had on hand.  This was my first clue that pink might be a great color for her. 

I find it rather humorous that my "fall" photo shoot has all of these flowers in it.  We've had a very mild fall this year...which is probably why it's so hard for me to believe that we're only 2 months away from Christmas.  Yikes!! :} 







15 comments:

Anne of Green Gables said...

She's a kindred spirit indeed :)

Elliebob said...

she is adorable.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, gals. I think so too! ;)

Gracie said...

You really make me want to purchase her! I love your pics, her hair looks so pretty and curly. And her outfits are beautiful!

I love her!

Chloe

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Chloe. Thanks for commenting. :) I would definitely recommend her. :)

Her hair does tend to get messed up pretty easily, but so far it's been very easy to recurl. I haven't had to brush it out at all yet...I've just been spritzing it and then finger curling the hair.

She's definitely a cutie! :)

Priya said...

Wow, Hayden is gorgeous! :D

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Priya! :)

Claire said...

I'm sold - this doll has to come to me after #41 [ironically, I wanted to name #55 Emma, and then I remembered your #41 is Emma too! :)].

She is absolutely beautiful, and dark pink is definitely her color.

Just curious, is her hair higher maintenance than Emma's or are they about the same? I'm just curious because I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a doll I wouldn't be able to manage easily! ;)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Claire. :) Emma is a great name choice. ;)

In some ways, Hayden's hair is almost easier than Emma's. It's slightly less curly, so it doesn't seem to take quite as much effort to get it looking nice. It does get messed up pretty easily, but fixing it isn't too stressful. I haven't even brushed it yet. I've basically used one of the little AG spritzer bottles to wet her hair down and then I've finger curled it.

Hope this helps! :)

KellyandMe said...

Hehe my name's Hayden only it's spelled Haedyn. Silly way to spell it, huh?

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Haedyn...nice to meet you! :) I don't think it's silly, but I'm sure you have people butchering the spelling of your name all the time! ;)

tigon_yunjae said...

It took me like eight months to figure out Fate-Angelette's style. I put her in pink, princessy stuff at first later it seems to me that it's not really her.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

It's funny how that can happen, isn't it? I feel like I know Hayden's character so much better now that I've discovered her wardrobe. :} Silly, I know, but true!

Mickey's Girl said...

I know what you mean about the color/wardrobe thing. I have the same doll but her name is Hunter and pink really does go with her! Maybe it has something to do with those beautiful eyes.

I also have Lanie and I discovered that green and blue don't suit her as well as I thought! She works best with light babyish colors. Ironic huh?

Mickey's Girl

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I think it's so fascinating how colors can completely change a doll!

That's really interesting about Lanie, especially since almost every outfit she came in was blue and green! :)

Thanks for commenting. :)