Sunday, October 23, 2011

Introducing Hayden Brooke Hathaway: My AG #55 :D

So, it's the post you've all been waiting for...well, the one I've been waiting for, too! And let me give you fair warning:  as usual, this will be a very picture-heavy post! ;)

This is what was waiting for me when I got home from Ladies Retreat! :D

Here was my first glimpse of her cute face.

Here she is in the closed box...

...and in the open box!!  (Sorry these pictures aren't the greatest...I was in a hurry to get her open!) ;)

Beautiful Hayden!!  No wonky eyes (yay!!).  I think her eyes might be just slightly different sizes, but not enough to to bother me. :)  They do tend to look in more of a downward position than my other dolls.  I've heard this is pretty common with the newer AG dolls.

Hayden's hair in the hairnet.

Hayden with her hair free! :)

Back view

So here she is! :)  #55 is an absolutely beautiful doll.  Her coloring is lovely; the hair, eye, and skin tones are a great match.

I love her cute freckles, too. :)  They remind me of my oldest daughter.


(Sorry for the random yellowish tone in this one...my camera likes to do that every once in a while).

Her hair is really pretty.  It is definitely going to be higher maintenance, though, like Emma's.  Every time I changed her clothes I was really nervous about messing up her hair. 

There are some great hair tutorials for #55's hair on YouTube.  This one is the method I tried on Emma (while I was waiting for Hayden to get here).  I didn't use quite as much spritz as the girl in the video did, just because it made me nervous to get her hair really wet.  When I did it, though, I had the best results from Emma's hair that I've ever had. :) 

I didn't want to brush Hayden's hair until it was absolutely necessary, so I used my little spritzer bottle from the American Girl hair care set to mist her hair.  Then I finger curled it.  I'm pretty happy with the results. :)


I decided to try a more classic look for Hayden:  a white tee and blue jeans. :)



Here's a glimpse of Hayden's charm necklace.  She loves Strawberry Shortcake, horses, and Disney Princesses, so her necklace reflects that.  "Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast" are her favorite Disney movies, and she loves Rajah, so I thought it would be fun to give her a Rajah charm. :)  Both the Rajah and Strawberry Shortcake charms came with our last batch of hand-me-down clothes and toys from my mom's cousin.  I found the horse charm at a local bead shop. 

This little guy was one of the McDonald's beanie babies that I got a year or so ago.  His name is Butterscotch.  (I have no clue what his name was originally.)  Since Hayden is into horses, I thought this would be a perfect stuffed animal for her. :)

I think Butterscotch will look really cute sitting on Hayden's bed.

As you can imagine, I was very excited to see Hayden next to Emma and Charlie.  I couldn't wait to see how they looked with each other. :)

The three Hathaway sisters, finally together. :)

I think they make the perfect combination.  Each doll is unique enough that I don't feel like I have three of the same doll, but they all have enough similarities between them that they look like they could be related.  


What do you think? :) 

I've taken some close-up comparison pics to show the difference in the girls' eye color.  While Hayden and Charlie both have "hazel" eyes, the shades are very different.  Hayden's eyes are a much darker hazel.  In some photos from AG Playthings members, I've seen them look almost brown.

Hayden and Charlie (fka GOTY Mia St. Clair)

Here's a picture of Hayden and Emma (#41) side by side.  As you can see, these two also have different eyes.  Emma's are labeled "green" by American Girl.  They are a deeper, brilliant green than Hayden's.  They also have the "pinwheel" design instead of the "decal" eyes like Hayden and Charlie's.  I also find it interesting that Emma, Hayden and Charlie all seem to have slightly different eye sizes.  Charlie is the most wide-eyed of the bunch, while Emma's eyes look almost beady next to her sisters.

While we're on the subject of the differences between Hayden and Emma, I took some pics of their hair to show the difference in the shade.  Emma's hair is more of a brown/black, while Hayden's is just brown. 

With flash (Hayden on the left, Emma on the right)

Without flash

Here's one from farther away.

Several people have commented on problems with #55's wig, such as thin spots and uneven hair.  Hayden's hair is definitely longer on one side than the other, as you can see from the above and below pics.

It doesn't really bother me, though.  Because her hair has some curl, this issue isn't as noticeable as it would be on a doll with straight hair. 

I'll have to get back to all of you on thin spots.  At first glance, her hair seems to be okay.  I tend to not discover thin spots until I've gotten more familiar with a doll's hair and tried a few more styles.  One thing I did notice was that her wig has short hairs in the wig cap in back, I'm assuming so that when you do pigtails or double braids, her wig cap won't show.  I'll get back to you with more detail on that, too.  I don't want to mess with her hair too much yet. :}

Beautiful Hayden

Hayden and Emma

Hayden and Charlie

Sweet Sisters

I thought it would be fun to take some pics of them in matching outfits.  Don't they look cute? :)


I hope you enjoyed the post! :)  You can be sure that there will be lots more pictures to come!! :D



P.S.  I just had to share this with you.  As you can imagine, all three of my daughters were very excited about Hayden's arrival.  My oldest daughter decided to welcome her with a sign.  She taped it on my bedroom door.  Here's a picture:

Isn't that the cutest thing? :)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! I love her! She's so unique! I'm so happy for you! She's a lovely gal ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Hayden is beautiful!
I'm looking forward to more posts with her!
Elaine

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Elaine and "Anonymous". :) I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I am very happy with my new gal. :D

Nora and Maple said...

Beautiful doll! Congrats on her arrival!

Anonymous said...

Hayden is beautiful! Charlie, Emma, and Hayden all look related, but each are unique in their own way. I can't wait to see more of Hayden!

-Alexis-

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Nora and Maple! :) It's always great to hear from you. :)

Hi Alexis, thanks for commenting! :) That's exactly how I felt about them...they look related, but they're all unique. :)

Elliebob said...

Wow, soooo pretty! I love her, and her name fits perfectly! I think that picture of charlie and hayden would make a cool profile picture. :) I love her! Welcome Hayden!! :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Elliebob. :)

Carolyn said...

Congrats! She's lovely and looks great with her sisters! I really enjoyed all the photos. :o)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Bama. It was really fun taking them. :)

Claire said...

Congratulations on Hayden finally arriving! :D I've been looking forward to this post all week. ;) Charlie and Emma look thrilled that their sister is finally here. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Claire. :) They are really happy...and so am I! ;)

AGDollFriends said...

Hayden is so beautiful! The pics with the three of them together are lovely, I think they make a great trio of sisters!
I'm glad Hayden is finally home, after the long wait.
Post more pics soon!! :)
Priscilla

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Priscilla! :) I'm planning to. I can't wait to do an outdoor photo shoot! I just wish our weather would be more fallish. I'd love to take some pics of her with fall colors. :D

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! I love her silky hair!!!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks! :)

Char @ DollDiaries said...

You always take such gorgeous photos!! She looks like the perfect addition to your doll family.

And the welcome sign is the best!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Char! :)

Shari said...

She's really beautiful. Congratulations!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Shari. :)

Anonymous said...

Just found this site..and just realized my ag #55 is named Hayden too! She's beautiful. I got to find out because my cousin had her...

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

What a fun coincidence! :) Welcome, too. It's always great to meet new readers. :D