Monday, June 29, 2015

A Great New Doll Line Fundraiser on Kickstarter

Earlier this month, I was contacted by Didier Pietri via email about his current Kickstarter fundraiser. The email got lost in the shuffle and I only discovered it today. I wanted to be sure to bring it to everybody's attention here because I think it's a great concept.

Didier and his friend Kristynn are working on a line of fashion dolls called "YouDolls". They are customizable dolls that are created and ordered online and delivered to your home. Girls can choose eye color, skin color, hair color and style, clothing, and accessories. They can even choose the background picture for their doll's packaging.

I watched the introductory video on the Kickstarter page with my three girls, and they were all really excited about it (they even took some money out of their Disneyland fund to donate). It seemed like the type of thing a lot of you might be interested in, too.

The Kickstarter campaign only has three more days left, so be sure to check it out soon. I'm thrilled to see that they have officially made their goal. This morning they were still about a thousand dollars short. I'm so happy that they'll be getting their funding. :)

You can see the YouDolls Kickstarter page HERE. :)

5 comments:

DisneyWorksGirl said...

Kinda like a makie? I just hope it will not be expensive like an agent doll or makie. It sounds like a cool concept!

DisneyWorksGirl said...

Oops I meant it will not be expensive like a AG doll or makie! Not agent! :)

Aileen said...

I don't like their faces and it looks like they all have the same face mold. This is not a new concept. My Twinn dolls and Makies do the same thing. I even have a customized Barbie from a long time ago when they were offering that option on their website.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi DisneyWorksGirl! Makies were what I thought of when I first saw these. I didn't get any info on how much they will cost, but I would assume since they are fashion dolls they should be a bit less than an AG or a Makie.

Hi Aileen. They do all appear to have the same face mold. Perhaps that's something they'll diversify as they grow as a company.

The concept is not new, but I think it's nice that they're giving the same type of choice in a fashion doll line as we get for larger dolls in the My Twinn line or 3D-printed collectible dolls in the Makie line. And hopefully, the fact that they are smaller dolls will make them more affordable for those who like the concept of a Makie but can't fit them in the budget. (I still have a Makie doll on my eventual wishlist!) ;)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, gals! :)

MyLittleMegara said...

Sounds so cool!