Monday, June 15, 2015

I've Been Tagged!

Most of the time I'm too busy or unorganized to respond when I've been tagged or nominated for something, but I want to try to be better at that. ;)

Kewpie83/Ashley over at Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter tagged me in a fun "World Doll Day" Tag that originated over at my bloggy friend BlackKitty's blog, The Multicrafteral Lab. This one is nice and simple, too, so it's a good one for me to start with as I ease back into regular blogging. ;)

Those tagged are to:

1. List 3 favorite dolls from the ones you got last year.
2. List 3 dolls currently on your wishlist.
3. Tag 5 people to do the same thing! (Anyone with a home on the web, not just bloggers, can be tagged!)

So, here goes! :)

1. List 3 favorite dolls from the ones you got last year.

1. Maru Doll (Maru and Friends)

One of the highlights of my year was receiving this beautiful Maru doll for review. I love her exquisite detail and adorable face. :) I'm so grateful to the Maru and Friends company for giving me the opportunity to review her. :)

2. Frozen Fever "Summer Solstice Gift Set" Dolls (Disney Store)

As you all know by now, I love the Disney Store dolls, and I was so pleased with this sweet gift set from the Disney Store, celebrating the fun short film Frozen Fever. These dolls were a present from my mom, which makes them even more special. :)

3. Live Action Cinderella Doll (Disney Store

While in some ways I prefer the Mattel version of this doll, the Disney Store version has really grown on me and can look quite stunning. :) Cinderella is special because I purchased her on my daughters' combined birthday trip to help commemorate the occasion. The movie itself is special because my best friend, her mom and I took all five of our girls (my three and her two) to see Cinderella together. :) My best friend and I have enjoyed going to see movies together since high school, but this was the first time we were able to take our girls with us. She lives in Arizona now (about thirteen hours away), so the times we spend together now are especially precious. :)

And, of course, the movie was AWESOME!!! :D


2. List 3 dolls currently on your wishlist.

Okay, in trying to answer this question, I realized that I am a rather greedy person. :} It took me the longest time to be able to whittle this down to three dolls! In fact, I'm actually going to cheat a little and choose 3 categories on my wishlist with a couple of options for each. :} I'll also be linking to pictures instead of including pictures here.

1. Current Dolls

 Among the dolls currently on the market, there are many that stand out, but I've chosen two. ;) 

First, I would love to own one of the gorgeous Paola Reina play dolls, probably one of the 12.5 inch ones since space is becoming an issue. ;) Emily at The Toy Box Philosopher has reviewed several of these, and I think they're just gorgeous. My favorite is Liu, especially THIS one. THIS one's pretty cute too, though. ;)

Second, I would really love to get the Disney Store Cinderella and Prince doll set. I know they look grumpy and they're super expensive, but he is the only prince doll produced from the movie, and their clothing is amazing! (While I'm dreaming, what I'd really love is to purchase these dolls and then hire Noel Cruz to repaint their faces. But that won't be in the budget for a loooong time.) ;)

2. Jun Planning/Takara Dolls

I could fill this category with pictures of Pullips, Taeyangs, and Liccas, but there are two dolls that top the list. 

First is the beautiful but rare and expensive Rua Garrett J-Doll from Jun Planning. This doll is stunning and incredibly photogenic. I think she'd get along perfectly with Robin and Millie. ;)

I would also love to get a Jenny doll. I have one Jenny and one Timotei doll from my childhood, but I'd love to get a brand new Jenny for a blog review. You can see pics of my two favorites HERE and HERE. :)

3. 80s/90s Dolls

First up for this category is THIS Love-a-Bye Baby doll. I already have my top favorite Love-a-Bye Baby from my childhood, but I'd love to find this one, who was always her best friend in my games. ;)

I'd also love to get the Phantom of the Opera Barbie and Ken set from FAO Schwarz in the late 90s. I could never afford them then (and they're even more expensive now), but I'd love to add these to my collection someday. :)

Whew. That was tough!


3. Tag 5 people to do the same.






If you guys don't have the time or have already been tagged, feel free to skip this. Also, if I didn't tag you and you'd still like to participate, please feel free to join in! If you'd like, leave a comment with a link to your blog or website below so we can all see your answers. :)

Have a wonderful week, everyone! :)

12 comments:

MyLittleMegara said...

Thank you so much for tagging me! My post should be up any time now. :)

Nene said...

The Maru doll is SO CUTE. It's no wonder she's up there. I think she's one of the cutest dolls I've seen!

Meritre said...

Oh I'm honoured! Your choices are really nice! I didn't even knew they made dolls for tha Phantom of the Opera (I really like the musical and I saw the non-replica version over here quite a few times)
Let's see past years favourite dolls:
1.Frozen minidollset, they are still in their box though. Lovely little ones, even the other minis, so lets call it all the minis
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150615/CIMG6539Res_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

2.Sallie
I have no idea what kind of doll she is but she is really pretty ans she was a prsent from my mom. the only drawback is that she is really difficult to dress.
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150607/CIMG6621resV_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

3. I thought about placing Miss Lydia and her sister or Prince Grumpy here. The first two are half-done customs, the second one looks just like Dexter Charming. He's a dragon obsessed prince with... interesting ancestors. He'll be dressed up properly during summer.
The girls look more interesting but they are half finished, have no clothes so they'll stay out of sight for now. (they doesn't seem troubled, Miss Lydia is actually standing on her head at the moment Nameless little sister doesn't even has a face)

Going-to-be Grumpy in his box (he is at least already free):
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150615/CIMG6385resV_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg


Whislist:

-Anna and Elsa ice skating dolset :D but I would be happy to get any Disney doll, I want to have all 13 princesses as minidolls (and maybe start a blog about their adventures)

-Rosabella Beauty or one from the Disney Descendants girls, depends on wich one I like in person and if they come to us at all, to dress her up as my EAH character, Fauna.

-A BJD, but that won't happen, it's too expensive for me. The other ones might come true. :) I wouldn't say no to Maru, either. :)

So that's it :)





Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

You're welcome, MyLittleMegara. Can't wait to see it! :)

Nene, she's even cuter in person. I had so much fun photographing her and reviewing her. :)

Great answers, Meritre! :) It was fun reading them and seeing your links. I hope you find your wishlist dollies! ;)

Freja said...

I have two paola reina dolls, of the 12.5 inch size. I adore mine and im planning on getting a doll of each character.
I hope you get the opportunity, to buy the dolls you want. i will be looking forward to future reviews

NovaFirefly626 said...

Thanks for tagging me! I will have to see if I know 5 other doll bloggers :-D

Farrah said...

Thanks for the tag!! :) It's my first one ever, so exciting. :)
The Rua Garrett J-doll is stunning...I hadn't seen her photo, but I agree, she'd look great and fit in nicely with your collection! Liu is also one of my favorite Paola Reina dolls as well...so beautiful.
I also loved Mieke's choices as well...Rosabella Beauty has such a pretty face! I will work on my answers as well. :)

Lydia said...

This Tag was so fun to read! I so wouldn't be able to limit my wishlist down to 3!! There are so many beautiful dolls out there!! >.<
-Lydia
http://dollyfernfriends.blogspot.co.nz

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Freja! :) I'm very happy with my current collection, but it's always fun to dream about new dolls. ;) More reviews will be coming soon. :)

You're welcome, NovaBabe! :)

You're welcome, Farrah Lily. :) Can't wait to see your answers!

Thanks, Lydia AGfan! Lol, glad I'm not the only one who has a difficulty with the limit of 3 wishlist dolls. ;)

I enjoyed checking out your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, Maru. A favorite of mine, too!

~Kewpie83

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Kewpie83! :) I noticed Maru was on your list as well. And how can she NOT be? ;) She's so incredibly adorable. :)

Meritre said...

My first wish came true, kind of... I didn't get the ice skating dolls but I have a classic Elsa and Anna from the FF set and I'm so happy with them! I also renamed them, Anna is called Dorothea now and Elsa is Victoria.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150804/CIMG6832res_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg