Friday, December 14, 2012

New Fantasyland in Walt Disney World is Open!

Okay, I know I already posted this morning, but when I got an email about the new Fantasyland opening in Walt Disney World, I just had to post and spread the excitement.

I'd heard a little bit about this in the past and was super excited to hear that there were plans to include new Beauty and the Beast attractions. :D  I've never had much of a desire to go to Walt Disney World before, just because it seemed so overwhelmingly large (and Disneyland is so much closer).  After seeing the promotions for this, though, I've changed my mind. ;)

Of course, this won't happen for my family anytime soon, but it's still fun to see what they've come up with and imagine what it would be like to be there. :)

So here are a few links that were in my email that you might enjoy:

First, a video clip of the grand opening, featuring several Disney characters, and Ginnifer Goodwin, who plays Snow White in the ABC show "Once Upon a Time".  Click HERE to see the video.

Second, HERE'S the actual website for New Fantasyland.  Be sure to click under the title to "reveal the story" of New Fantasyland and why it's been gone for so long. ;)  (I find it very "Once Upon a Time-ish".)

Even better, when you go through the story, it gives you an aerial view of Fantasyland and lets you see some of the highlights of each attraction.  Here's one to get you interested.  Did you know that Maurice's cottage features a picture of Belle and her mother?  You can see it online if you click the title and break the curse. :D

If I ever get to go, I'll be visiting Maurice's Cottage, the Beast's Castle, and the village square near Gaston's Tavern.  I think it would be fun to see Prince Eric's castle, too.

After some further digging, I found these amazing YouTube videos that give a closer look at some of the Beauty and the Beast attractions.

Maurice's cottage (love, love, LOVE the portal at the end of this one!!!  And sorry, I haven't found the second part yet.)

Be Our Guest Restaurant, aka the Beast's Castle (there are no words to describe the epicness of this place...and yes, I know epicness is not really a word.  So sue me.) ;)

Here's another hilarious one...a Beauty and the Beast episode of "House Hunters". :)

It's amazing how giddy I felt seeing the representations of the films I loved as a child.  Disney Parks always have the amazing quality of making you feel like fairy tales can come true. ;)

So, anyone else interested in paying a visit to Walt Disney World?

12 comments:

Claire said...

I'm so thrilled about this, even if I probably won't make it to Disney World soon (Disneyland is closer and less expensive for our family). I'm so excited that there's finally a Beauty & the Beast area! :D As a little kid I always loved going to Disney parks but was always a bit disappointed that there was never anything dedicate to Beauty & the Beast (my favorite of the "princess" movies), so this is definitely satisfying my inner six-year-old. :D

Madeline said...

Aw, I was JUST there {last month, in fact}! I've heard Be Our Guest is really hard to get into, but I hope I can go sometime.
{The new Fantasyland and Be Our Guest is just two more reasons to go, right?! ;)}

~Madeline~

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Claire, I completely agree. Although, for me, it's my inner ten-year-old (that's how old I was when the movie was released). ;) I'm thrilled that Beauty and the Beast is getting the recognition it deserves.

Hi Madeline! Sorry you just missed it. :( I hope you make it there someday, too. I told Hubby I knew where I'd like to go for our 20th Anniversary (that's in 9 1/2 years). It would be a long time to wait, but maybe we'll actually have enough to go by then. ;)

Anonymous said...

I would love to go and see the Princess Fantasy Hall when it opens! That to me would be the Perfect thing to see, All those Princess's and their portraits in the Hall.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Yes, that sounds amazing too! :)

Emily said...

They only have that because they got rid of "Toon Town" :'( :'(

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

That's too bad, Emily. I wasn't aware of that. At least there's still a Toon Town in Disneyland. :)

ceces said...

Just let you know that Target has Disney ballarina doll for sale. Original 8.99 now 4.99. I just bought some today. Vey cute dolls. They have belle snow white and ariel at my target.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for the info, Vicki! :)

Anonymous said...

I recently went to Disney World, and the New Fantasyland is AWESOME!!!!! Be Our Guest has the best food ever, the Ariel ride is awesome... gosh, you really would love it. I almost bought you a pillow that actually said Never Grow Up on it, then I didn;'t. :(

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for letting us know...I'm glad you had a great time. :)

That was so sweet of you to think of me...what an awesome pillow! Don't worry about it, though. I'm sure a pillow there cost way too much. ;) I hope you got some fun things for yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

So cool! I might have to ask my parents if we can go...again!