Monday, December 3, 2012

18" Doll Regency Dress from eBay Seller marcotsgirls

While browsing through my draft posts, I found this review post waiting to debut.  I don't normally publish two posts in one day, but I wanted to get this one up before the eBay seller's current auction ends. :)

Marcotsgirls is one of my favorite sellers of handmade historical doll dresses.  I've purchased from her twice through eBay, and both of her dresses have become some of my favorites.  You can see my previous review of her work HERE.  

When I saw this beautiful blue Regency dress listed earlier this year (it might have even been last year...yikes!), I fell in love with the color and the lovely lace details.  I was so excited when I won the auction! :)  Since I'm a Jane Austen fan myself, I've made some of my dolls fans as well. :}  And of course, any Jane Austen fan loves to have a Regency Gown of her own! ;)

Here's Emma, modeling the newest of the Regency dresses. 

A look at the back of the dress (sorry about the coloring in this pic and a couple of the others...just my camera being stubborn, as usual). :}

I think this blue is a great shade for Emma. :)

One of the things I love about marcotsgirls is her attention to detail:

From the contrast of the pretty white lace against the blue of the material, shown here on the dress's bodice...

...to the neat, even stitching and lace trim on the sleeves...

...to the finishing touch of the blue beads, this dress is just stunning.  By the way, her dresses normally come with pretty handmade jewelry of some kind.

A closer look at the print of the material. 

I added this white flower hair clip (purchased at Claire's) for an elegant touch.

Sweet Emma.

I would highly recommend marcotsgirls' work for anyone who loves historical dresses for their dolls at an affordable price.  You can see her two current auctions HERE.  To get an idea of some of her other work, you can see a list of her completed listings HERE.  I would definitely recommend saving her as a favorite seller, even if you miss out on these auctions. :)

I hope you're all having a great December so far.  Mine has actually been fairly stress-free up to this point.  Of course, the fact that I haven't started my Christmas cards yet and that I'm trying to ignore my overflowing pile of socks to be sorted is probably helping my stress level considerably.  (Blogging beats sorting socks any day!) ;)

Talk to all of you again soon! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas cards--ugh, don't remind me! Lol. Very cute dress btw.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Lol...oh good, I'm not the only one! ;)

Glad you like the dress, too. :)

Carolyn said...

Beautiful!