Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Newest Doll is Here! :)

Yesterday afternoon, I got a special package in the mail...the package I've been waiting for all week. :)  I'd like to introduce my newest doll:



PITA!!!!  Well, at least that's the name she came with.  I'm still deciding on a different name for her, so she won't remain Pita forever.  :) 

Pita is a Karito Kids doll.  She's 21" tall, so she's taller and narrower than an American Girl or other comparable 18" dolls.  I'm planning on doing another doll comparison post down the road to show you the differences.  Pita has vinyl arms, legs, and a vinyl head.  Like my Maggie doll, she also has a vinyl chest plate and cloth body. 

I bought this particular doll from Jen at Dolls and Nachos (thanks, Jen!!). :)  Jen does lots of doll sewing projects on her blog, so I got to reap the benefits of her work.  Pita (or Eva, as Jen called her) came with her original meet outfit (including boots), 2 pairs of pants, a Regency dress (whoo-hoo!!), a white lab coat, and a leather messenger bag just her size.  Jen also sent me Pita's book, which I haven't read yet.  I'm still deciding if I want to read it, as I want to develop my own character for her.  Here are some fun photos of her in all of her different outfits.  

Meet Outfit

Meet Outfit minus Jacket

Jeans

Khakis

Regency Dress

Lab Coat

Messenger Bag

A picture showing Pita's body style:

I'm still figuring out Pita's best picture angle.  I've found that every doll seems to have a certain angle that captures them in the most flattering way.  I have to say I'm not completely pleased with these pics I've taken, simply because they don't even begin to show what a beautiful doll Pita is!  She looks so much better in person!

At the moment, I'm still working on her new name and personality.  The good news is, I have plenty of time to work on things...I'm thinking I should have at least a good month or two, if not three.  Why, you may ask?  Because Pita is my new motivation.

Let me explain myself.  For the past, well, okay, three years now, I've been struggling to get rid of that last bit of baby weight.  My youngest was a Cesarean baby, and that last 20 or so pounds have just not come off the way I've been hoping.  I'm not a big exercise enthusiast.  I do it because I know I should, but I really struggle to keep at it consistently.  My eating habits need to change as well.  I do really well for a month or so, but then little by little, bad habits creep back in.  Soon I find myself eating because I'm bored or because things taste good, not because I'm hungry.  I know I'm not alone in this, but it's still annoying and frustrating.  

Since I've had such an issue with this, I thought if I had a "dangling carrot", so to speak, it might help to motivate me.  So, here's my brilliant plan. :)  Pita is going to go live at my mom's house.  I will not be allowed to bring her home until I've lost a certain amount of weight.  Right now, I'm debating between 10 and 15 pounds.  I don't want to make the challenge too hard, but I don't want to make it too easy, either.  At this point, I'm leaning towards the 15. 

Once I've lost the weight, Pita will be able to return home for good.  Then, hopefully I can shed those last few leftover pounds, since by then I will have (hopefully) gotten back into healthier habits again.  

I have absolutely no clue if this will actually work, but I figured it was worth a try.  I actually got a good little jump start on it from being sick, because I lost 7 pounds.  Although, I noticed when I weighed myself today that I've gained at least 4 of them back (it's amazing what happens when you can suddenly eat more than a piece of cheese for lunch). :}  So, I guess it's not as much of a head start as it could be.  Oh well.  I'm still going to try it and see what happens.        

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress (or lack thereof) ;) periodically.  But don't worry...I won't suddenly turn this into a weight loss blog. :)  For now, I'm just going to enjoy Pita/Eva/whoever until I can get her over to my mom's.  I'm kind of thinking Ava might be a nice name.  Hmmm...I'll have to think about it. :)


16 comments:

bwaybabs said...

I love Karito Kids! I have one of the Giving Girls, which were sold at Sam's Club over the holidays. They're cheaper than the original Karitos and slightly lesser quality, but still quite lovely. Of the originals I really like Pita, and also Gia from Italy. Gia also reminds me of a BFC Ink. doll called Gianna who also has red hair. A friend of mine found a Pita at her Tuesday Morning store for cheap, but unfortunately mine hasn't had any, though I keep checking back. I would like one of the originals someday. Ling is really pretty as well, and there aren't that many really nice-looking Asian dolls out there.

bwaybabs said...

Oh, and I meant to add that it's a really good idea what you're doing with the weight loss. I myself need to lose some weight too, and that could actually work for me as well! Maybe next time I find a doll I like, I won't take her out of the box or stow her away somewhere until I reach my goal! =)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi bwaybabs! Thanks for commenting! :) I've been keeping my eye out for a Karito Kids Pita for quite a while now. Karito Kids seem to be pretty hard to find for a reasonable price on the secondary market. My Tuesday Morning didn't have any either! :} I'm so thankful the opportunity came up to buy her. I hope you're able to find one, too. Keep looking!! I would definitely recommend them!

I'm hoping my weight loss scheme works as well as I would like it to...I needed something to give me a kick in the pants!! Hopefully this will be it. :) I hope it works for you too, once you find your motivational dolly! :)

Have a great week! :D

Caelen said...

I like Pita's hair. It looks SO silky.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Caelen! :) I love her hair, too. It is just as silky as it looks. :)

Jen said...

Hey, that little lady looks rather familiar...:D

I'm so pleased that she got to you okay, and that you're happy with her! She's such a beauty - I almost think the KK facemold is prettier than AG's!

Best of luck with the weight loss! I need to get a better handle on my eating, too - winter makes me want nothing more than rib-sticking food and hibernation. :D

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Jen! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful gal. I am extremely happy with her. She does have such a lovely face. :)

Thanks for the good wishes on the weight loss, too. I completely agree on the winter problem. Sleeping, watching movies, and eating carbs are my favorite winter activities. :)

Korianne said...

I have Pita too. I call mine Liliana, she just doesn't look like Pita to me. I've made Lili sort of a artistic girl and she wears one of the 90s AG splattered paint shirts a lot.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Korianne! Liliana is a pretty name. :) I've been mulling over about 4 different names for my Pita. I agree with you...she doesn't look like a "Pita" to me, either.

Thanks for commenting! :)

AlexAndrea said...

The red denim jacket, yellow shirt, and blue jeans is a great outfit (I hadn't noticed before, but three primary colors make an exciting mix)!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, AlexAndrea. :) I think it's one of my favorite outfits, too.

American Girl Dolls Rock!! said...

She is so cute! I really love her eyes and hair! I hope you can lose the weight you need to so then she can stay at your house! I love that doll!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks! I'm going to be starting Weight Watchers this week, so that should help. :)

Anonymous said...


Very cute doll! I was between this doll and a doll from the Maru and Friends collection, while it was a very close call I ended up with a Tanya from the Maru line. Both very beautiful, God bless :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Oh, Tanya is lovely too. Congrats on your new doll!

God bless you too. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the review. (I love your writing!) I am a big fan of the Karito girls. Over the last year, I have managed to collect almost all of them on eBay. I love how their face molds are all different and how they worked in the stuffed cloth bit in the tummy area for extra cuddliness. Ling and Lulu are my absolute favs - but then I love ethnic dolls most! My other acquisitions in that area include Paola Reina Mei Ling, Paola Reina Liu, Hearts for Hearts Tipi and Gotz Asian Hannah at the Ballet. It's such a pity so many great doll companies go out of business and the prices skyrocket as the dolls are so hard to find.
All the best with the weight thing - I myself am perpetually trying to lose about 5 pounds and get fitter but I've never liked exercise too much and I love my carbs and my cheeses!
Eva