Sunday, March 20, 2011

Updates, Goodies, Etc.


Hi everyone!  Wow, what a week it's been.  Just wanted to share some goodies and give you a few updates. 

So, first off, we didn't end up having a birthday party yesterday.  As of Thursday night, my youngest daughter still wasn't sleeping through the night.  Friday morning, I felt nauseated unless I was laying down, due to lack of sleep.  My lunch Friday was a slice of cheese and half of a Sprite.  :}  I had been trying so hard to make the party work, but I knew on Friday that there was no way I would feel well enough to pull it off. 

It ended up being a really good decision.  Friday afternoon, my mom came down with the same virus I'd had last week.  Since she always makes the birthday cake with my aunt and is a huge help to me on party days, it would have been disastrous to do a party without her. 

My hubby took time off of work on Friday and let me pretty much sleep the whole day.  I'm finally feeling like myself again after 2 1/2 days of taking it easy.  And I know for a fact that I would have overdone and relapsed if I had tried to throw a party. 

It was all for the best.  My daughter got to open her present from us and pick out whatever dinner she wanted.  That was enough of a celebration for her for now.  The party is tentatively scheduled for next Saturday.  So, Lord willing, if we're all feeling well enough, we'll have our Toy Story party then.  :) 

Moving on, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I won one of the contests connected with the Literary Heroine Blog Party hosted by A Maiden's Musings.  Last week, my package with my fun literary buttons came in the mail.  Thanks so much, Kellie! :)


My other fun item to share with you is this beautiful Regency dress I purchased on eBay.  I know, I know, technically I didn't NEED another 18" doll Regency dress.  :)  But, I had sold a few things on AGPT, so I had some Paypal money to play around with.  It was one of those things where I saw it listed, put in a low maximum bid, and didn't look again.  I was sure it would go for a higher amount.  I ended up winning it for right around $12, though, including shipping!!  So here's Hailey, wearing my newest Regency doll dress, sold by marcotsgirls:

A fancy "do" :)

Beautiful Hailey! :)

I am so pleased with this dress!  I've noticed that a lot of the Regency dresses made for 18" dolls have very close-fitting skirts, which, in my opinion, make their heads look way too big for their bodies.  I think this type of Regency gown, with a fuller skirt, looks better on them.  [Note:  I'm feeling a slight sense of "Deja vu" here.  Sorry if I mentioned this point in my earlier post about Emma's Regency dress.  It's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things. :}]  

The quality is excellent on this dress.  The material is sturdy and well-sewn.  The hems on the sleeves are very fitted, which concerned me when I first tried the dress on Hailey.  Marcotsgirls obviously did her research, though.  Just when I couldn't get the sleeves any higher on Hailey's arms, I realized that they were in just the right spot for the Velcro to close in the back.  The result is a nice, tight look around the hem of the sleeves.  The little details like ribbon trim add an extra beauty to the dress.  And for those of you wondering, yes, the pretty golden bead necklace was included. :)

I would highly recommend this eBay seller.  I don't believe she has anything listed at this time, but keep checking back.  She always has some great items to offer when she lists. 

Well, that's all for now.  Sometime this week I'll have a new post.  I have a package coming in the mail and it's...a NEW DOLL!! (Well, new to me, at least.)  This will be the last one for a long time, so this is a big deal. :)  Who do you think the newest member of our doll family will be? ;)


  

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Also, thanks for sharing that ebay seller! The Regency dress you bought is amazing. I hope marcotsgirls lists some new dresses soon. I would love to find a dress like that!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Jenny. I'm glad I'm feeling better too! :)

Definitely keep checking back on marcotsgirls' items. I'm not sure how often she lists things, but she seems to usually do only 2 or 3 dresses at a time. Every single one is beautiful. Hope you find a dress for yourself! :)

Caelen said...

What type of doll is she?

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Caelen! :) Hailey is a Gotz Precious Day Elisabeth doll from around 2003 or so. She had a really bad haircut when I bought her on Craigslist, so I re-wigged her. You can see more pics of her on my "Past Doll Projects" tab at the top of the blog. :)