Friday, December 9, 2011

Arranging Mom's Doll Rooms

Once again, I'm working on getting my draft posts published. :)  These are some pics I took back in October when I helped my mom arrange her doll rooms.  Enjoy! :)

Ashley and Jess in their room.  The big cabinet thing in the background is my mom's homemade advent calendar.  My dad built it.  Each drawer has a little figurine in it to go on the top.  By December 25th, an entire Nativity set (plus some extras) adorn the top of the advent calendar. :)

Here's a close-up of Ashley (My AG #24).  I love Mom's little doll-sized copy of "The Velveteen Rabbit"! :)  (Sorry this pic is a bit blurry...the camera was being difficult).

Lovely Jess.  Jess was the doll that was being sold in Eureka with my Rachel doll. 

Another glimpse of the room.  It was really fun helping my mom get this all together. :)

Here is the other doll room.  My mom's dolls tend to collect dishes and kitchen items, as you'll notice from the pics.  This is no surprise, since my mom collects dishes herself. :)

Caitlin (JLY/My AG #28 with a haircut) is all ready to serve her guests. ;)

Janie and Ruthie can't wait to try some of Caitlin's goodies. 

I guess I didn't get any more pictures of this room, but at least it gives you an idea of how it looks. :)

5 comments:

Claire said...

I think it's so cool that your mom collects dolls, as well as you do! I think that would build a fun relationship :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Claire. :) It is a lot of fun being into the same things. It's fun when you can share a hobby together.

It's great having an extra set of eyes everywhere, too. We always call each other when we find something that we think the other person might be interested in. :)

We're getting my aunt really into dolls, too! The madness is spreading! ;)

Mickey's Girl said...

Wow I really like the Kitchen area! Mostly the tiny cook books! :) Thanks for sharing!

Mickey's Girl

Carolyn said...

Very nice! I especially love the advent calendar with the nativity. What a wonderful heirloom piece!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, gals. Good to hear from you again, Bama! :)