Thursday, December 15, 2011

New BFC Ink Pen Pal Dolls! :)

I've got some exciting news for all of you BFC Ink fans out there.  I got some information from one of my readers (Thanks Linda!!!) that the BFC Ink doll line has introduced a group of Pen Pal dolls from around the world. I searched all over to see if they were available anywhere, and at first, all I could find were some photos:


I found these pictures on Amazon.com when I Googled "BFC Ink pen pals". Left to right are Britt (from England), Elsa (from Sweden), Carmen (from Mexico), and Nicolette (from France).


Britt is my favorite out of all of them! :)

One interesting thing about these dolls is that the stock photos show them with the 1st body style (with straight arms and simple knee joints). However, my reader also provided me with a link to a few completed eBay auctions for these. And if you take a look at the links (which features pictures of actual product rather than stock photos), you'll see that they have the newer super poseable bodies.

You can see Britt's completed listing HERE. (When I re-edited this post, I noticed that the same seller now has an active listing for Britt!).

There were several other differences that are noticeable when you see the actual dolls. For instance, Elsa has pretty severe looking eyebrows in the stock photo, but as you can see HERE, in person she looks much sweeter.

Also, Nicolette appears to have darker eyes than the ones shown in her stock photo. See for yourself HERE. (I actually like Nicolette's eye color a lot better in this photo.  And once again, there is now an active listing for Nicolette as well!)

After doing more research (thanks to a comment on the BFC Ink Facebook page), I found out that Target.com currently has these girls available for $19.99 each! They are listed under MGA Entertainment Pen Pals dolls instead of BFC Ink, which is probably why they didn't come up under my Google search. I've included a direct link to Target's page HERE. It's getting awfully close to Christmas, but there's still a chance you could snag one of these beauties for that special girl in your life...or yourself! ;)

I'm super excited about these girls.  As I've already demonstrated in earlier posts, I think that the BFC Ink dolls work really well as older sisters for the Hearts 4 Hearts Girls.  Now that they're releasing them from different countries, I think there will be even more possibilities for finding great sister combinations. :)

What about you?  Which BFC Ink Pen Pal doll is your favorite?

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

I saw these in person at our local Kmart about two weeks ago. Britt is also my favorite. I didn't take note of all the eye colors, etc, but it was fun seeing them. I don't even remember how much they were! LOL!

I have always liked these dolls anyway, and now I'm even more tempted, but trying to be good. Beautiful, well-priced dolls are always tempting!

anya said...

I love Britt and Elsa! They are so cute! I do wish Nicolette's hair was a little darker, considering she has a nice tan. :D

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for commenting, gals!

Kmart, huh? I might have to try mine. I stopped by our local Target after dropping the older girls off at school, because the website said our store had "limited quantities". But they weren't there. I even checked with an employee. He said that happens sometimes since we have a smaller store. Note to self: don't trust Target's online promises of things being in stock in the local store!

I totally agree, Bama! Maybe they weren't in Target because God knew it would be too tempting for me. ;)

Hi Spicemuffin! I must confess, I also prefer darker hair with tan skin. It kind of seems like Nicolette's a bit fairer-skinned in the eBay picture, though. She's definitely one of the ones I would like to see in person, just to see what she truly looks like. :)

Anonymous said...

just got britt 3 days ago and she is the best. also i want elsa, nicolette and maybe carman? what i love britt about britt is her eyes and her hair.i really think that everyone should get her.but i have to love my ag dolls and my frist bfc ink doll the same too.also everyone think you can not get them from target but you can.i hope i can get all the bfc ink doll too.but my secound bfc doll i want to get is elsa too.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for sharing! Britt is my very favorite, too. I can't wait to see these dolls in person! :)

Jessie said...

Carmen is my favorite... maybe because I have almost the same skin tone. :) They're all adorable!!! I got her for my sister for Christmas... I'm looking forward to taking pix!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Carmen is really pretty. I can't wait to hear how your sister likes her! :)

Jessie said...

Jojo (my sister) really likes Carlie (we re-named her because Jojo couldn't remember Carmen)! She looks different than I expected... she has auburn hair and dark green eyes... but we both think she's really pretty.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

It's amazing how different these dolls look in person compared to their stock photos! :) I'm glad you're enjoying "Carlie". ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your article but im also wondering i just noticed that when you wrote the bfc ink articles you left out the dolls personalities and jobs in the club as they portray in their diaries i have looked everywhere on the internet trying to find the pen pal girls club jobs and i have found nothing if they come with diaries do you think you could tell me?
Thank you

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Sorry, the Pen Pals dolls didn't come with diaries. I don't recall seeing anything on the box that told anything about them, either. And unfortunately, they were never added to the BFC Ink website before it was discontinued. :( So I guess you'll just have to come up with your own personalities and jobs for them. ;)

Unknown said...

HELP! I can't find them anywhere!!! I live in England and I really want Elsa but there isn't any on ebay or amazon!! I've checked all the obvious places, please someone help!!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I'm so sorry, Betty. They're hard to find even over here. I hope you find your Elsa!

Michele said...

Love these dolls, they are so pretty. We are going near a Target on Friday, hope to stop in to see if they are there, I would love to see them in person. Thanks for letting us know :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Michele. These are beautiful dolls, but they haven't been in stores for quite some time now. I haven't even seen regular BFC Ink dolls in stores for some time. The dolls have been discontinued, so pretty much the only place you can find them now is eBay. Sorry to disappoint you. :(