Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Fall Photo Shoot and More Ebay Listings

 Today was the perfect day for a doll photo shoot.  The sky was overcast and there were leaves on the ground from the tree in our front yard.  I've wanted to do some fall photos with my dolls for a while now, so I seized my opportunity today. :)

Here are Tess and Maggie, enjoying the crisp fall air.  They aren't exactly looking in the same direction, but I loved the coloring in this photo. :)  I wanted to do some photos with these two since they were the ones that started it all! ;)

Tess and Maggie:  BFFs :)


Of course, Maggie insisted on climbing the tree after I'd taken a few photos.  Tree climbing is one of her favorite pastimes, and she hasn't had the chance to climb one in a while.

Little Gal's Belle doll got in on the tree climbing, too.  (Little Gal set up this pose all by herself.) ;)

After hanging upside down for a while, Belle decided to sit like a lady.

And here are some Jess pics!  I'm still working on her character and deciding if she's a good fit.  I think her name may end up being Ava (pronounced "ay-vuh").  We'll see if it sticks.  That's been the hardest thing with this doll.  She's just "Jess" to me, no matter how hard I try to come up with a different character (which, for me, is a huge part of the fun of having a doll).

I've been toying with the idea of making Jess/Ava and my Karito Kids doll Elena (fka Pita) sisters.  I know, I know, one's from Mexico and one's Japanese American, but I've always thought that Elena looked like she could have some Japanese in her background somewhere.  What do you guys think?

And speaking of Elena, I'd forgotten just how stunning and photogenic this doll is!!  I definitely need to take her picture more often. :)

Lovely Elena

Ava thought that climbing the tree looked fun when she saw Maggie doing it, so she decided to give it a go too. :)

She has such a beautiful face. :)

And here's Hailey!!  Poor Hailey tends to get overlooked on photo days, so I thought I'd bring her along this time. :)  (Wow, and I never noticed how uneven her glasses are until this picture.  See how much bigger the right lens is than the left?  Oh well...I guess paying only $1.97 has its down sides as well as its benefits.) ;)

Hailey enjoys the flowers by our front door.

Sweet sisters. :)

I've missed taking photos so much.  It was great to get out and shoot these.  I would have done more, but right after this picture it started to rain.  I guess I timed it just perfectly. ;)

Like I mentioned in the title, I do have some more eBay listings up.  I had a couple of things that didn't sell and a few more things I wanted to get rid of.  I'm trying desperately to declutter (and pay a few bills while I'm at it). ;)  These will be my last listings for the year.  I know from experience that selling in late November or December is NOT a fun experience.  I'd like to be a pleasant person for my family this holiday season. ;)

You can view my listings HERE.  This time around I've got a G1 newborn baby My Little Pony, a lot of project Barbie and LIV dolls (sorry, lots of naked doll pics in that lot!), Kaya's meet dress, a TLC Disney Princess and Me Belle doll, a Build-a-Bear teddy, a Disney Store Minnie plush, some PVC figures, a Happy Family Midge doll, Consuelo's Folklorico dress, and more. 

Hope you all have a great week.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is just a little over a week away!!  Doesn't this year seem like it's flying by? 

Talk to all of you again soon. :)

Since I replaced my current header, here's a copy of the previous one:





10 comments:

Michele said...

What fun! I agree, Elena is very photogenic :) Enjoyed.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Michele. :)

Anonymous said...

Great shots, you still have flowers, my roses are hibernating for the winter already .. everything around here is brown and bare now.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, TracAn. The yellow flowers are the only ones we have left, but everything is still pretty green, which is nice. We're finally getting all of the lovely fall colors. :)

Jessie Loucks said...

Beautiful! Ava definitely suits your Jess doll, and the name is soooo pretty! I really enjoyed all the photos in this post. (:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Jessie. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you happen to know anyone with a Chrissa doll for sale? My DD wants her first AG doll for Christmas. We looked through the My AG Dolls on the AG website and none of them have straight brown hair with no bangs, no freckles and blue eyes. Chrissa would be perfect. I'm not sure where else to look besides eBay.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Anonymous. I'm not aware of anyone selling a Chrissa off the top of my head. I would recommend keeping your eye on Craigslist.org. Check your city as well as surrounding places you'd be willing to drive to. You never know what might show up.

You could also try thrift and antique stores, although since you're looking for such a specific doll, it might be tough to find one that way.

AGPlaythings.com has a "for sale" thread on their forum where I've been able to find some retired dolls, but you have to be a member to purchase items. Membership is free, but it sometimes takes a while for the membership process to be completed. Also, some sellers prefer to sell to members who have at least several positive feedbacks on the forum. You might look into it, though.

Other than that, eBay is pretty much your only option. If you're having a hard time finding a Chrissa in your price range, you might try looking up "American Girl" and sorting by "newest" (some buy it now listings might not have been viewed yet) or "ending soonest" (you might be able to snatch up a Chrissa that's ending within the hour). You'll get a whole lot of listings to go through, but you may find a Chrissa that is not labeled under her name. It's possible you could get her for less if she's not labeled properly.

I hope this at least gives you a few starting points, and I hope you find your daughter's Chrissa! And of course, if I hear anything, I'll let you know.

You can also email me at nevergrowup.beastsbelle@gmail.com if you have any other questions. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I luv the outfit Ava is wearing. The blue vest really sets of her black hair:)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Anonymous. I thought it looked great on her too. :)