Sunday, November 18, 2012

Charlie :)

 Hi everyone!  Just a quick post today.  I'm home from church with sniffly kiddos, so I thought I'd share some pics of Charlie.

As most of you know, my Charlie (fka Mia) came to me secondhand with a broken eye that didn't work properly.  Earlier this summer, one of my fellow AGPT board members did an eye swap for me so that Charlie had working eyes.  She did a great job, and as a result, I was able to take Charlie on vacation for the first time, which was wonderful! :)

However, Charlie's eyes were now a slightly different shade of hazel, more like Rebecca's.  They looked really pretty on her, but I kind of missed her old shade.  So when another AGPT member had some Mia eyes available, I sent Charlie off to get her eyes swapped once more.  In addition to doing the swap, the AGPT gal also straightened Charlie's hair for me at no extra charge! :D  I thought you'd all enjoy seeing some pics.

Charlie is really happy to be home with her sisters again and is enjoying seeing the world through her old eye color again. :)

Rontu really missed Charlie while she was gone...he's so glad she's back now!

Charlie with her new eyes.

The AGPT member did an awesome job with Charlie's hair.  I've thought about straightening the crinkles from the braid before, but I've always been too nervous to try it! ;)

These pics show the difference between Charlie's former hazels and her current ones.  The difference is subtle, but it does definitely change her overall look.  I really like the muted brown hazel of her current eyes as opposed to the brighter green of her older ones.  While her older eyes give her a more "wowee" look, I think her newer eyes tie in with her hair and coloring better.  What do you guys think? 


 

A girl and her dog. :)




I'm super happy with how Charlie turned out.  Expect to see a lot more pics in the future!! :D

Just to let all of you know, I have several blog review posts scheduled for the next couple of weeks.  I knew I'd be really busy, so I set aside some time to get things ready ahead of time.  And I apologize in advance, but they're all reviews on the same or similar lines of dolls:  Moxie Teenz and LIV dolls.  I've had these reviews in draft for the past several months and figured it was finally time to get them published. ;)  Hope you guys don't get too bored reading about the same types of dolls for two weeks. :}  Feel free to let me know what you think (nicely, please). ;)

I also wanted to let you know that I have been seriously thinking about some of your suggestions for the blog.  I'd like to devote a post to that in the future, explaining what things I might change, what things will probably remain the same, and my reasoning for each. 

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the coming reviews and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks really pretty! I bought a used Mia from eBay last month and love her.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Congratulations! :) Mia is one of my very favorite American Girl dolls. :)

AGTriviaMaster said...

I have a Mia, and I always wondered why yours looked different. Now I know! Also, for different hair styles, would you recommend straightening her hair? My Mia has her braid out, but I've been debating what to do about the wavy hair from it. Thanks!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I would definitely recommend straightening the front part of her hair if you know what you're doing. ;) The reason I've always hesitated to do it myself is that if it's not done properly, you can really damage your doll's hair. So I'd give straightening her hair a cautious recommendation...and I'd check with someone other than me about the best way to do it. That's definitely an AGPlaythings question. ;)