Friday, November 2, 2012

Disney Store 2012 Snow White, Cinderella, and Fairy Godmother Dolls

Sorry this post has been so long in coming, everyone!  Here is my review of the dolls my daughters got at the Disney Store in July:  Classic Snow White, Classic Cinderella, and the Fairy Godmother.

Here's Snow White in the box.

Back view.

A close-up of her sweet face.

As you can see, the new Princess designs are featured on the boxes.


Here we have Cinderella...

...and the back of her box.

Cindy's face.  I actually like her cute sideways glance, and prefer this face paint to the 2011 version.

I really love her new look, too.

Her glass slippers...which incidentally, I haven't seen for a long time. ;)

And here's the Fairy Godmother.

Back of the box.

I took lots of pics of her when I first opened her, because I knew she'd never look the same after my 4 year old had played with her. ;)

Her magic wand...another thing I haven't seen for ages. ;)

Her hood is removable, and her hair is in a bun.  

I always wondered what the Fairy Godmother's hair looked like under that hood! ;)

Another face view.

And now for reality.  Here's what they look like today. ;)  You'll notice from the pics that the Fairy Godmother doesn't actually have feet.  She's basically material stuffed with bean bag-type stuffing on the bottom.  This makes her a bit difficult to balance and has provided some frustration for my youngest.

Cinderella appears to be sporting a sort of "bed head" look, and her dress has definitely seen better days.  She is well loved, though. 

She apparently lost both slippers at the ball this time! ;)

Fairy Godmother, ever cheerful even though her wand is missing.

Snow White, who apparently misplaced her comb, decided to swipe part of Aladdin's outfit to use as a unique accessory to her ensemble.  She also swapped her original dress for a Mattel version. 

Another look at Cinderella's wild hair.  It's almost in a ponytail now.

Snow gives us another look at her fashionable attire and wild hair.

And here's a picture to give a size comparison between Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother.  It's actually pretty movie accurate.

So, I know this wasn't a hugely detailed post, but here are a few of my final thoughts to leave you with.

Cinderella:  I've actually been pretty impressed with how well she's held up, especially considering the age of her little owner (4 years old).  I was sure that her arm or leg joints would be broken by now, but we haven't had any problems with them.  All of my girls love how poseable these dolls are.  They're constantly setting them up in little displays and telling stories. :)  

The quality of her clothing could be higher, but that's pretty typical for the classic line from the Disney Store.  And honestly, Mattel isn't always that much better!  My youngest is just really hard on Barbie-sized clothing. ;)

While her dress isn't necessarily the most movie accurate version to be released, it's very pretty and easy to get on and off.  I wish they'd included a netting skirt underneath to make it a little more poofy.  Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.

Fairy Godmother:  I was actually a little bit surprised that Little Gal chose to purchase this doll.  I mean, there were lots of other things I would have chosen first as a kid.  Little Gal really enjoys playing the entire Cinderella story, though, so having a Fairy Godmother is pretty important to her. ;)

As I mentioned earlier, FG's curved, bean-filled dress without feet has provided some frustration at playtime.  Little Gal was also disappointed to find out that her clothes don't come off.  Other than that, though, she's been a nice addition to our doll family.  Now if we could just find her wand...

Snow White:  My thoughts about Snow are pretty similar to my thoughts on Cinderella.  She's held up well and has provided hours of playtime.  Her dress is in pretty rough shape, and Middle Gal is usually really careful with her things, so I wasn't too impressed with the quality.  For a collector, this wouldn't be as much of an issue, but if you're purchasing for kiddos, don't expect the clothes to last too long. 

Overall, I'm very pleased with the girls' purchases and how they've held up. :)  I have their princes waiting for Christmas, so hopefully I'll have some Prince reviews on here sometime in late December or early January. :)


No comments: