Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Moxie Teenz 1st Wave Bijou Review


As promised in my earlier post, here is my review of Bijou from the 1st wave of the Moxie Teenz dolls.

Here she is in her box.

I thought it was interesting that the artwork on the back of the box was horizontal instead of vertical like most doll boxes.

She also had hands encased in plastic packaging...

...and a secret online code.

Here she is out of her box.

I love Bijou's coloring.  She looks like she could be from India. :)


Here she is with all of her clothing and accessories.

Beautiful Bijou.

Bijou came with instructions identical to Arizona's.


She also came with this product pamphlet.

It has a mini poster on the back.

Bijou has a removable wig, just like Arizona.

The two little marks on her lips are actually rubs in her lip paint, but they look enough like lip highlights that I pretend that's what they are. ;)

This picture shows you all of the clothing and accessories that come with Bijou.  This is one of the reasons that the 1st wave Moxie Teenz were so great.  Look at all of the mix and match styling possibilities here! :)

Bijou's jeans and ruffled pink over-shirt.  I really love how frilly and pretty her shirt is. :)

Bijou's fur vest, bracelets, and white tank.

Her black "leather" purse, fringed boots, knit hat, and a partial shot of her belt.

Bijou's coloring varies slightly from her package art.  I also thought it was interesting that she has sequins on her hat in the picture.

This is one of the things I love the most about Bijou:  her rose ring.  I wish I had one in my size. :)

Her boots are pretty nifty, too.  Not that I could ever wear anything like this.  I'd break an ankle in those heels. ;)

Bijou's silver bracelet and sleeve detail.

Her pretty gold necklace.

Her ginormous earrings (another thing I can't wear!).

I think this has to be one of my most photogenic dolls.  I love the rich depth of her eyes and the combination of her hair color and skin tone.


And here's a side-by-side of Bijou and Arizona.  Both dolls are gorgeous, but I have to say I prefer Bijou.  Aside from their different coloring, Bijou's collection seems to be a bit sturdier and higher quality.

There doesn't seem to be much difference in their face molds.  The 3rd wave of Moxie Teenz dolls had a slight variation to their faces, which I will show you in my upcoming Moxie Teenz Leigh review. :)  

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Moxie Teenz dolls if you're into poseable fashion dolls.  Their larger size makes them unique, and they're a lot of fun to pose and photograph.  I would recommend looking for a doll from the 1st wave if you have a choice, simply because their clothing gives you more options and their quality is a little better.  (BTW, Bijou gets a 4.5 out of 5.  I deducted half a point because her wig doesn't stay on very well.) ;)

I still have two Moxie Teenz reviews on their way.  I should have them up within the next week or two. :)

7 comments:

Lydia said...

So pretty! My friend really wants Bijou and I really want Arizona! She already has a 1st wave Melrose and the amount of accessories she has wow!!!

Emma Kate said...

Great review!

All AG said...

She's absolutely gorgeous! I love her! I ignored these dolls in the store, but never noticed how beautiful they are.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks girls. :) All AG, I was the same way at first. I'm glad I was able to snag one of these before they completely disappeared.

Dollygirl, I hope you and your friend can find your dolls. :)

Anonymous said...

I would kill right now to get that Bijou!!!

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

I know what you mean...I'm always discovering doll and toy lines AFTER they've been discontinued. :} Hope you find her!

Anonymous said...

I am dreaming to have Bijou! sigh... I never saw one on Ebay in the UK and she would probably be too expensive if I would see one. I love her hippie chic outfit as well.
I love them all really! They are all gorgeous in their own way.
Shame they are so difficult to find.
I'm in love with the Moxies!! LOL
;-)